New Panasonic Bread Maker - is this normal?

(7 Posts)
nannynick Wed 27-Feb-13 14:53:22

ours travells across the worksurface! Has never fallen off but the kneeding process certainly clunks and vibrates the unit a lot.
So, normal. Make sure it is positioned as far from edge of worksurface as possible.

nonsense0name Wed 27-Feb-13 14:31:01

Thank you for the info. yes a definite cluck but not a scrapping metallic sound so I am sure it is normal - I noticed it a 4am as I had the machine on a timer so it probably sounded louder than it was.

Lovely to wake up to fresh bread (diet goes out of window) grin

JulesJules Wed 27-Feb-13 09:21:19

Mine clunks too. I like it, the sound reminds me that I'm making home made bread while sitting, feet up, drinking a cup of tea.

lolalotta Tue 26-Feb-13 17:30:00

Mine clunks too!

ouryve Tue 26-Feb-13 16:03:31

Yes. It's a gentle but noticeable clunk.

Wowserz129 Tue 26-Feb-13 16:01:42

Yes it's normal it's just when the breads getting kneaded

nonsense0name Tue 26-Feb-13 15:24:46

Hi

I've just bought my first bread maker - lovely bread! But when the machine starts to knead it's VERY noisy. Kind of a cluncking, until it's mixed for a while and then settles down.

The dough hook is definitely set on the base correctly and the bread is coming out well baked.

Is this noise normal - or should I give John Lewis a call and ask for a replacement? Grateful for any comments, thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now