Toffee Crackle?! What is this delicious thing I ate?

(3 Posts)
CarpeJugulum Thu 21-Feb-13 10:18:04

Oooh yep, that sounds about right.

I'm tempted to make my own toffee (sugar and cream) for it, then stir in the marshmallows and butter? Hmm, will have a think about that.

Thanks very much thanks smile

Sounds like a (very easy but completely delicious) Cracklepops recipe I make.

Basic recipe says to melt equal quantities (usually 200g) of toffees, marshmallows and butter, stir in same quantity of rice crispies/cornflakes, then spread into a greased baking tray to set.

However, I find it's nicer if you reduce the butter and increase the cereal slightly.

Foolproof standby when a request for cake sale donation is sprung upon you with 10 mins notice. <narrows eyes at DD>

CarpeJugulum Thu 21-Feb-13 08:35:48

So, was out at a cafe and ordered a huge slab of one of their tray bakes, and it was amazing and I want to make it.

I asked her what it was called so that I could ask for it again (and not frantically google!) and she said it was crackle, but she did have a very prounounced accent so it is entirely possible I misheard. I've googled and found nothing vaguely similar.

It was (as far as I can work out) similar to mars bar crispy cakes, but with chewy toffee and cornflakes rather than mars bars and Rice Krispies. And it has raisins or sultanas through it.

Anyone got a clue/good recipe?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now