Baking raisin bread in a bread maker - do you HAVE to wait for the beeps?

(7 Posts)
northerngoldilocks Thu 04-Apr-13 12:37:42

I did this by mistake. It just chopped the fruit up really small but was fine

They may just all clump together, but I had no issues doing this with nuts...they're not sticky though.

Did you try it yet? To what effect?

flubba Sun 24-Feb-13 16:35:41

We'll give it a go with them thrown in at the start then - what's the worst that can happen?! grin

Our recipe is 1.5 cups water, 4 tbsp. dried skimmed milk powder, 4 tbsp. sunflower oil, 2 tbsp. sugar, 2 tsp. salt, 1 tsp. cinnamon and 4 cups of strong white bread flour. And 1.25 tsp yeast. 3/4 cup of raisins

lolalotta Sun 24-Feb-13 15:39:25

I made a hot cross bun loaf in the bread maker the other day and chucked the raisins in at the start, it was fine! Do you mind me asking what recipe you use? My Panasonic Recipe for spicy raisin bread comes out like a brick!

flubba Fri 22-Feb-13 16:20:03

grin

I might have to try it and see - so brave, me! grin

janpa Tue 19-Feb-13 20:58:37

I think they would get chopped up all tiny, but don't know cos I always follow rules and wouldn't dare put them in at the beginning!

flubba Tue 19-Feb-13 14:42:47

Lazy question, because I could just try this - but does anyone know how a raisin loaf would turn out if you stuck the raisins in at the start along with everything else, without waiting the 45mins or so for the beeps to tell you when to put them in?
The reason I ask is that I'd love to wake up to freshly baked raisin bread, but can't because of the blinkin' bleeps! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now