What can I make to use up cooking chocolate?

(8 Posts)
sparklesandglitter Fri 18-Jan-13 13:31:42

I have just realise I have a large amount of cooking chocolate in my baking cupboard, mainly milk but also dark and a bit of white what can I make to use it up?! Thanks smile

monsterchild Fri 18-Jan-13 13:34:48

Brownies!

Chocolate refrigerator cake - you can chuck in biscuits, cherries, raisins, cornflakes....

Brownies

Makes some fairy cakes and make some indulgent frosting with the choc

BBC Food website is useful, if you type in chocolate in recipe finder, it will give you options

www.bbc.co.uk/food/

....or you could just eat it? Sorry ran out of ideas!

*make, not makes! Sorry, frickin i-pad!

UptoapointLordCopper Fri 18-Jan-13 16:41:01

There really are worse problems than having an excess of chocolate! Try
chocolate honey meringues? They are really really nice.

Zavi Fri 18-Jan-13 16:51:43

If you melt chocolate and then add cream it makes a really delicious dipping sauce.

Many chocolate brownie recipes use up 200 g chocolate. Check out Lorraine Pascale's brownies. They are delish.

sparklesandglitter Fri 18-Jan-13 18:56:51

Lol I know it isn't the biggest issue in the world but when your "baking cupboard" is actually a cardboard box because you don't have any cupboards it's a pain to have things lying around, plus it falls to the bottom of the box and I end up buying more, hence the excess! I think brownies are the way to go, possibly with extra chocolate dipping sauce!! grin

KindleMum Fri 18-Jan-13 19:01:14

My fave near-instant hot pud for us is baked bananas with choc sauce. Depending on what's left over in the fridge I melt chocolate into either cream or plain yoghurt or sometimes just loosen it with milk. Wrap the bananas skin on in foil, shove in oven for 15 mins or so. I only do it when the oven is on anyway. They pretty much cook in the cooling down of the oven to be honest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now