lakeland cake tins...

(9 Posts)
MikeLitoris Fri 11-Jan-13 15:38:24

Any good?

Specifically the topsy turvey ones.

I get asked to make these a fair bit but I am rubbish at doing it by hand.

I dont want to fork out loads on rubbish tins but these look quite reasonably priced.

I also need some new square tins.

Any other recommendations?

I have never brought them, However I have recently found out the lakeland have a lifelong guarantee on their products. So if something happens to them, You can replace them. I plan to buy my next toaster from there... Ours break every 8-12 months

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/info/LakelandGuarantee

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 11-Jan-13 18:57:56

I like them, although I've only got round/square ones, mini ones and trays etc. Not sure what a topsy turvey cake tin is, but I possibly need one?

I think they're good value: they're robust, they don't twist like cheap ones do, their customer service is top notch (I've never had an issue with a LL cake tin, but when I posted a slightly negative review about something, they contacted me to arrange refund...). I look after my cake tins reasonably well - as in, I wash them gently and dry them thoroughly, and I've never had any rusting.

Silverwood is another good make, although more expensive. And there's another good one I was recommended, but I've forgotten it (helpful!). LL would be my first point of call. NB I am an enthusiastic amateur, not a pro.

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 11-Jan-13 18:58:27

Oh, and it's buy one, get 2nd half price, which is obvs fab.

MikeLitoris Fri 11-Jan-13 19:20:17

Thats great.

I think I'll go in tomorrow and get them.

these are the ones I'm after.

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 11-Jan-13 19:51:16

Ooh, I had not seen them! I'd just slice off the top of a cake for that effect, I think. All the LL cake tins I have are from the 'my kitchen' range (which is what the buy one, get 2nd 1/2 price offer applies to); I hope that the TT ones are of comparable quality!

MikeLitoris Fri 11-Jan-13 20:21:30

I'll have a good feel of them tomorrow.

I dont mind spending the £50 if they have a guarantee.

Taking a slice off the top doesnt quite work. You need to cut a bit out of the bottom cake too. I usually end up with very little cake left after I start hacking into it grin

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 11-Jan-13 20:25:46

Haha, could you possibly tell that that was idle conjecture, that I've never actually made a slanty cake? smile

Bottleoffish Fri 11-Jan-13 23:24:47

Windsor Cake Craft do tins in sets that are good quality and reasonably priced.

I haven't used a tin to do topsy turvy cakes, but the Lakeland ones look crap IMO, not a good shape at all.

How are you trying to carve your cakes? It should be really easy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now