Little helpers!

(8 Posts)
kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Thu 10-Jan-13 13:47:28

Yes, organised, that's me hmm grin

I love cooking and that's the only time I am organised. Ask my husband

Yorky Thu 10-Jan-13 13:34:04

Mine always sits for at least a year because I inevitably buy for what I would like to make and the reality never lives up to the intention sad blush

HenD19 Thu 10-Jan-13 13:22:02

You are much too organised!

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Thu 10-Jan-13 13:06:39

Oh indeed best when hot. Enjoy.

I've just made next year's mincemeat. A lovely January job. It's always best when it has sat all year.

HenD19 Thu 10-Jan-13 12:04:48

No cream but just eaten three as they're best when they're hot aren't they?.......mmmmm!! Cheated and used waitrose mincemeat I'm afraid. Mix all over hands, tops, faces, table, chair..,.surprised we had any left to make the actual pies! Our teacher used to make us run cold water over our hands and checked they were cold before we started rubbing in. Missed that stage out with dc though!

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Thu 10-Jan-13 11:55:00

Er cream

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Thu 10-Jan-13 11:54:38

Ha ha lovely

Did you get flour on your palms when you were rubbing in? They always checked for that didn't they?

I made two huge batches this year. Do you make your own mincemeat?

Hmmm clotted ceeam

HenD19 Thu 10-Jan-13 11:50:18

Just made mince pies(admittedly a month late!) with my two little helpers making it v stressful but probably slight more fun! Would have loved my old home economics teacher to have seen us making 'pastry'!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now