Can you recommend a good set of knives?

(7 Posts)
DoctorWhoFan Thu 07-Feb-13 20:23:46

I have Sabatier, and they were worth every penny I spent on them. Having said that I have a cheap as chips Kitchen Devils paring knife that I've used for my veggies for the last 20 years and that's still going strong.

GaryBuseysTeeth Sat 12-Jan-13 14:09:59

These and the bigger set

I don't have the bigger set (the 3 in the first set are enough for my needs) but am really impressed with the quality of them for 'cheap' knives, they replaced the Global Knives that DH bought that are too large to be comfortable in my tiny childlike hands.
If you want really cheap, the IKEA knives are surprisingly decent (although no block/storage).

takeonboard Sat 12-Jan-13 14:06:06

I've had my Sabatiers for decades and wouldn't replace them with anything else

PilchardsonToast Sat 12-Jan-13 14:00:51

I've got a great set from Richardson of sheffield, and I'd recommend them although they do need sharpening fairly often..

Chocolateporridge Wed 09-Jan-13 17:31:19

Thanks Ising, I'll google them.

ISingSoprano Wed 09-Jan-13 14:35:16

I have always used Victorinox knives. I have some which are nearly 20 years old now and are still in very good shape.

Chocolateporridge Wed 09-Jan-13 12:56:41

My husband chose my last set and they've been rubbish. Two of the handles have now broken so I'm in the market for another set and am determined to chose my own! I would really like some good ones, preferably in a block (although that's not essential) but they'd need to be under £50, has anyone got and recommendations?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now