Chocolate buttercream recipes

(5 Posts)
redwallday Sun 23-Dec-12 10:09:04

I melt chocolate and add it to the buttercream mixture. White chocolate gives it a lovely icecream flavour smile Just make sure you all the chocolate to cool a little first grin

jennimoo Sat 22-Dec-12 10:36:50

The recipe I roughly followed is:
www.kitchentreaty.com/fluffy-nutella-buttercream-frosting/

A stick was (I think) 4oz and I skipped the cream and vanilla.

stopthenoise Sat 22-Dec-12 10:28:35

ooh hadn't thought of chocolate spread! Will give that a go. Would i need to use less of anything else when I make it, because the chocolate spread will make it thicker.

jennimoo Sat 22-Dec-12 09:59:16

I do buttercream with a big spoon of Nutella and its amazing! Otherwise try a normal chocolate spread.

stopthenoise Sat 22-Dec-12 08:58:15

Ok, I am very much a beginner baker, I make the the odd cake and cupcakes with DS. I posted a while ago asking for advice on buttercream and all of your advice was great, I think I've nailed it! What do you use in your chocolate buttercream and what is the best method to make it? I tried adding cocoa powder to my normal buttercream but seems a bit grainy. Is it better to use melted chocolate instead? Also after a chocolate ganache recipe too if anyone is willing to share. TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now