Biscuit dough help please!

(4 Posts)
boobybum Fri 21-Dec-12 21:40:25

You listed sugar twice but no butter?
Try this it's very easy: cream 225g butter (i prefer slightly salted) and 100g caster sugar. Then add 275g plain flour and some mixed spice or citrus zest if you prefer. You don't have to bother refrigerating, just roll into balls and put on a lined baking tray and slightly flatten each ball with a fork. Cook at 170*C for about 15mins. Lovely!

Eebs Fri 21-Dec-12 20:39:58

I am doing a biggish batch receipe in grams but in oz is roughly 11oz flour 11 oz sugar 6 oz sugar 3 eggs plus spice and baking powder. Mmm thats sounds quite different. Bother. Start again? Or plough on? I wanted to batch up as presents so would like nice ones

GrimmaTheNome Fri 21-Dec-12 20:34:12

Sounds like you've got the proportions wrong. What have you got in the mix so far?

DD made spiced biscuits yesterday:
4oz butter/margarine
5oz caster sugar
8 oz flour
1 egg yolk
+ spice

That was too dry so I told her to gradually beat in some of the white. About 30 seconds later she'd added the lot and it was too sticky (but nowhere near like cake mix). I worked in some more flour and it was OK.

Eebs Fri 21-Dec-12 20:29:34

I am making spiced biscuits and it says I should have a dough that I can now refrigerate. But it is like a cake mixture. Surely it should be firmer? Do I add more flour? Have added some but still gooey. Where could I have gone wrong?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now