Savoury nibble ideas

(9 Posts)
UptoapointLordCopper Thu 20-Dec-12 07:38:21

I usually freeze after baking. Handy for popping into lunchboxes, and for impromptu parties. smile

The garlicky cheese biscuits look really easy to make. Do you freeze them befor or after baking?

UptoapointLordCopper Wed 19-Dec-12 20:54:44

I saw this sausage rolls recipe that I'm yet to try.

I've made these pork pies a few times. They are easy and very very edible.

And garlicky cheese biscuits. Made these many times. Very moreish. Freezable.

And bread sticks. Again made many times to use up cheese. Freezable too.

smile

They sound delicious. I think I will give the parmesan biscuits a try.

Do you need to use sausages or sausage meat for mini sausage rolls?

DreamingOfTheMaldives Wed 19-Dec-12 17:56:28

You could also make some mini sausage rolls.

DreamingOfTheMaldives Wed 19-Dec-12 17:55:55

Savoury scones are another good one. Delia Smith has a recipe which has some olives, cheese & cayenne pepper in. They also freeze really well once cooked. Just need a couple of minutes in the oven to refresh them.

DreamingOfTheMaldives Wed 19-Dec-12 17:54:14

What about making some savoury biscuits? I've made parmesan biscuits (which are delicious but quite rich). They are gorgeous with a glass of wine. You could use normal cheddar cheese to keep the cost down if you want.

I've also made cheese oatcakes. I find that blitzing the oats in a food processor gives a nicer texture to the oatcakes.

quoteunquote Sun 16-Dec-12 14:55:20

goat cheese tarts, with figs.

I love baking but don't particularly like eating cakes and biscuits. Any ideas for savoury baking that fills the same kind of snacky role? I am not keen on things that look like they should be sweet but turn out to be savoury, like savoury muffins.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now