Recipe for biscuits I can use with cutters

(5 Posts)
storynanny Tue 18-Dec-12 20:02:31

I have been making these every Christmas with my children for 25 years!
Combine 125 g marg, 125g sugar with 250g plain flour, 25g cocoa powder and stir in about 2 tablespoons of warmed golden syrup. Mix into a dough , roll out, cut out shapes and bake on a tray for about 10 mins till just turning brown, about gas mark 5. Not too long, they should be soft when you take them out and they harden as they cool. If they are cooked for too long they break your teeth!!!!!!
As it is quite sticky I always roll dough between 2 pieces of cling film.
My boys used to take it in turns to make them with me when school broke up for christmas and we were on a countdown to Christmas Day. still have the cutters, just waiting for grandchildren to come along so I can do it all again!

jammiecat Sat 08-Dec-12 12:55:28

Thanks both, I shall have a look at the nigella one, and devote some time to the recipe section. Thanks for reminding me of that. I've had some good recipes from there before so don't know why I didn't think to look there!

I have used Nigella's butter biscuits recipe from the Domestic Goddess book. They use vanilla flavouring but I'm sure you could substitute something like mixed spice or cinnamon to make them taste more Christmassy. smile

Witchety Sat 08-Dec-12 11:59:08

Mumsnet recipe section has lots!

I get lost in there for hours sometimes.

jammiecat Sat 08-Dec-12 11:57:39

I am looking for a biscuit recipe that I can cut out. I've made some gingerbread people but have some christmas cutters I would also like to use. I thought I could just add some mixed spice to a biscuit recipe but need to find a recipe I can roll out and use cutters with. Any suggestions?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now