Disaster of epic proportions!

(5 Posts)
VikingVagine Sat 15-Dec-12 12:31:08

DH dropped a huge, home made pizza taking it out of the oven, melted cheese and tomato sauce all over the door, in the joints etc. I feel your pain.

Tailtwister Sat 01-Dec-12 04:03:29

Well, I've made another one so hopefully nothing will happen to it between icing and delivery! It took ages to clean all the batter off the oven, but at least I it's sparkling now. A lesson learnt I suppose. Thanks for the sympathy guys!

nannycook Fri 30-Nov-12 22:38:54

Tailtwister, how did you get on with cake? i felt soooo sorry for you.

safflower Thu 29-Nov-12 16:38:49

oh arse. Could you leave it to set then scrape it off and have choc biscuits. I wouldn't risk that in my filthy oven though. Think mix of roast fat choc!

Tailtwister Thu 29-Nov-12 16:36:18

I need to post this before I go running out into the street screaming like a banshee and get myself arrested.

Worked on a chocolate cake this afternoon, expensive ingredients, time consuming process, but worth it as it's a lovely cake.

Been in the oven and not quite there yet. 2 sandwich tins on the same shelf, so I thought why not change them over (move the back one to the front etc) since it's hotter at the back. I move the shelf out a bit for better access, start moving them around and push one of them right off the back of the bl**dy rack onto the bottom of the oven! They are still a bit liquid inside so the cake is ruined and the oven is covered with liquid batter.

I can't believe I did it. I managed the whole thing up until then with 2 whining children under my feet and have nothing to show for it. Now I know how Danny must have felt when she dropped her puddings all over her feet in the GBBO. At least I didn't do it on national TV...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now