Giant cupcake recipe needed

(3 Posts)
BabySpider Wed 28-Nov-12 20:29:07

Thanks Badvocsanta.

Unfortunately the cake was a total disaster, though nothing to do with the cake mix and everything to do with the mould. The mould for the top of the cupcake must have gone a bit too soft in the heat of the oven, lost integrity and sort of fell at one side, pouring my lovely cake mix onto the baking tray then popping back up into place.

Then, as if that wasn't bad enough, after an hour and a half, skewer came out the bottom bit clean. Took it out, let it cool slightly, gently and lovingly eased it out, and the stupid thing was still raw and molten in the middle. Put it back in and it seemed cooked after a bit longer in the oven. I don't know what it's like in the middle yet but I'm not holding out much hope!

Stupid cake mould. Still, the bits I scrapped off the bottom of the baking tray were yummy.

Badvocsanta Wed 28-Nov-12 09:44:11

Here you go:
500g butter
500g caster sugar
10medium eggs
500g self raising flour
140degrees for 1 hour...but may need longer...keep checking after 1 hour

BabySpider Wed 28-Nov-12 09:38:13

I'm looking for a recipe for one if those giant cupcake moulds.

On consulting Prof Google, it looks as though I need a sponge with a "close crumb", which I think means a more dense cake so it holds the shape? It suggested a pound cake recipe but all seem to be American with cup measures. Does anyone have a pound cake recipe in grams?

And, my mould has the 2 parts of the cupcake (top and bottom) stuck together side-by-side, iykwim. How can I cook them at the same time without burning the top one, as it'll be done quicker? Or are you meant to do them separately?

It needs to come with some instructions! Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now