Anyone care to recommend their Christmas cake recipe?

(7 Posts)
tkband3 Sat 24-Nov-12 11:55:46

I've used Delia's classic recipe for the last few years, but I'd like to try something new this year. I've got loads of recipe books (Nigella, Jamie, Nigel, Lorraine etc), but it's difficult to know from reading them exactly how they'll turn out. I also have the added complication of having to make it gluten free... All recommendations gratefully received smile.

melliebobs Sat 24-Nov-12 23:41:17

Just made Mary Berrys today. DH nicked a corner off it n said its really nice. House smelt great too

moonbells Sat 24-Nov-12 23:55:21

I use a traditional rich fruit cake recipe from the Stork Cookery Service c1960! (Though these days I make with unsalted butter not Stork).
Have made it myself since 1980; it was used for my wedding cake and I love it. I'm going to have to make a GF version of it for MIL's 70th next summer, so am going to be making small ones as testers in the new year to find which flour works best.

I also just made one today - my 3rd cake of the season, all were for others cos if I have one I just get bigger grin. If you're interested let me know the tin size...

tkband3 Mon 26-Nov-12 10:48:05

Thanks both. Moonbells, I'd certainly be interested in your recipe. I normally use a 20cm square tin.

Thanks very much smile.

moonbells Mon 26-Nov-12 16:49:04

see your inbox!

Gortnagarn Thu 31-Jan-13 20:22:51

Moonbells,

I'd also like a copy of your Stork wedding cake recipe if possible, as I have misplaced my cookbook and love this recipe. Thanks!

Rochellemaria Sat 16-Feb-13 21:11:52

moonbellsI have the stork book and am wondering which one you are recommending-is it book one(the brown one) and is the recipe the one that gives all the varying tin sizes and is the traditional wedding cake recipe? I am always wondering about this recipe but have not tried it yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now