a non crumbly birthday cake recipe please?

(4 Posts)
mumnosbest Thu 22-Nov-12 17:06:53

Ah thanks both great replies. I knew the wise MNers would be able to help thanks
Here's the link anyway:
www.youtube.com/watch?feature=fvwp&v=ICWffbbbjL0&NR=1
if my attempt isn't too poor I might add a photo.
Thanks

BlueSkySoftSand Thu 22-Nov-12 16:33:08

You have to use the debbie brown recipe - it's a bit like a madeira (heavier) sponge, leave it a day and then it is perfect for carving without crumbling. I've made a Pingu cake with this (and the help of my younger sister) and it was AMAZING! Was so very proud of myself.

redwallday Thu 22-Nov-12 16:23:39

Freeze the cake and carve it whilst frozen. Will still taste yummy but it saves a lot of hassle!

mumnosbest Thu 22-Nov-12 14:10:20

Ds is skylander mad and has seen a cake ob youtube he wants me to make. I'm fine at decorating but useless at baking often cheat and decorate a ready made cake the cake needs to be cut into a body and arms/legs and sort of stuck together. The problem is all my recipes produce light fluffy crumbly cakes.

I will try to post the link later, not sure how on my phone. Anyone have a good recipe or a suggestion for cheating a good supermarket cake?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now