Lakeland mini sandwich tins- top tips please

(6 Posts)

Thanks for the help. I've just made mini coffee and walnut cakes and they've come out beautifully smile

Cake release normally works well but I find you need a bit more than they suggest, also if you cake release around the top of the pan, if they do overflow they the overflow won't stick and you have a better chance of rescuing the cakes.

Great thanks. They also stuck to the sides even though I used the Lakeland cake release stuff. Would you suggest going back to buttering the sides or did I need more cake release?

I never fill mine more than 2/3 full and then pull the mixture to the sides leaving a dip in the centre, it should prevent a huge dome. A slightly lower oven temp (10 degrees) would also stop the huge rise.

MrsHoarder Tue 06-Nov-12 17:25:20

My instinct is that the standard Victoria sandwich recipe is the same as a fairy cake recipe. So I'd expect something with a domed top, although not to the extent you describe. How big are the tins? In my normal fairy cake tray I put a desert-spoon of cake mix in each case, and that gives perfect fairy cakes.

Have just made my first attempt at mini Victoria sandwiches. I have clearly overfilled the pans because I have now got enormous muffins with a proper Starbucks style muffin top. Top tips for successful elegant mini sandwich cakes please.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now