Quick help please - gingerbread confusion!

(7 Posts)
WofflingOn Fri 02-Nov-12 09:55:05

Glad it went well!
You can do the boiled sweets thing with biscuits as well, cut out the middle and fill it up.

archfiend Fri 02-Nov-12 08:34:41

Thanks for the tip re boiled sweets- didn't see this in time before we made it but will remember for next time. The house is done, it's slightly very crooked but it tastes good!

WofflingOn Thu 01-Nov-12 09:07:08

Get some cheap boiled sweets, crush them into powder in a blenderand sprinkle them into the window openings, they melt and give you a coloured glass effect.

archfiend Thu 01-Nov-12 09:05:43

Thank you! I will give it a go.

WofflingOn Thu 01-Nov-12 09:05:29
WofflingOn Thu 01-Nov-12 09:04:31

Find a teacup and use that as a measure. Crisco is just butter/marge. I use Clover.

archfiend Thu 01-Nov-12 08:52:17

Have probably foolishly said we will make a gingerbread house today but the recipe that comes with the kit is all in cups.

I looked it up and a cup seems to = 8oz but then I found this site and it seems that cups are different amounts for different things.

If I need 5 cups of flour how much is that? Is it 40oz or 36oz?? Also, what the fuck is Crisco and where do I find it?!

Alternatively, does anyone have a good gingerbread recipe for making houses? grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now