Bread

(4 Posts)
misstrunchball Wed 31-Oct-12 18:43:30

Thank you for diagnosing my soggy bottom!! Will try again tomorrow and take it out before it goes that way smile

J4D3 Wed 31-Oct-12 05:27:41

The soggy bottom will be due to condensation forming as the bread is cooling. It's best to take it out as soon as it's finished and leave to cool on a wire rack.

As above, it's very important the ingredients go into the bread maker as they're listed. Wet ingredients first, then sugar/salt, followed by flour and powders. The yeast must be put in last, on top of the flour. Hope this helps!

SpookyRumours Tue 30-Oct-12 08:27:41

Mmmm yes please to the bacon sarnies smile

I was always told to add the ingredients to the bread pan in the order they are listed and to cut up the butter. You may already do this though.

misstrunchball Mon 29-Oct-12 22:20:49

DH bought me a bread maker a couple of years ago and my first forays into making it was not good to say the least so away it went.

Fast forward to today where I buy myself some new bread flour, skimmed milk powder and yeast and hoist the bread maker out from underneath the sink.

Measured everything according to the instructions, press start and off I go. The bread had finished and I left it in for a little while (couple of hours) before taking it out.

Well, I don't know what happened but apart from a soggy bottom (does anybody know how to rectify this?) it's really good. My last attempts would have a crust you could knock nails in with and the inside had more holes than I don't know what.

Why can I make it now and was not able to before!!! I don't really care but will attempt to make another one tomorrow as I can't see this one lasting very long after breakfast..... grin

Bacon sarnie anyone?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now