Bonfire night cakes

(8 Posts)
nannycook Wed 31-Oct-12 20:53:22

Me too Frootshoots, i like that idea.

jetstar Wed 31-Oct-12 19:54:03

I like that idea and may pinch it frootshoots ;)

frootshoots Sat 27-Oct-12 10:49:36

Last year I baked chocolate cupcakes, with orange coloured/flavoured buttercream icing piped on to look like fire, and orange matchmakers broken into small pieces and stacked around the buttercream to look like firewood, big hit smile will be doing them again this year!

OhDearSpareHeadTwo Fri 26-Oct-12 13:19:55

Tinder toffee or homemade honeycomb dipped in chocolate ?

jetstar Wed 24-Oct-12 18:24:31

Not sure if its really what you want but I once made a bonfire cake by baking a chocolate cake in an ovenproof pyrex bowl and then covering with choc buttersugar icing and decorating with matchmakers for the 'wood'. It went down well as I recall smile

Or you could do decorated star shaped biscuits maybe?

VikingVagineGhoulnamStyle Tue 23-Oct-12 21:52:33

Maybe a cinamon roll recipe to look like Catheryn wheels?

Bump

We've been invited to a bonfire night party by our next door neighbours. I've asked if I can contribute to the buffet but they've got it in hand. I'd like to take along something for the children attending as a gesture to thank the, for inviting us. I loved these Reindeer marshmallows from the Make your own Christmas thread, so I was thinking of something like this, a sort of novelty for them to have that night or the next day.

I don't want to just do skewer of marshmallows with chocolate on them because half of the children will be under 5, plus one will be my son so I don't want him bouncing off the walls with a massive sugar high the next day. I've found recipes for Catherine Wheel biscuits but none with a picture of the finished article. Does anyone have any firework themed / suitable sweet treats that you could share the recipe for?

TIA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now