Why Kitchen Aid

(12 Posts)
weeblueberry Thu 01-Nov-12 16:29:19

Because they're pretty. And they offload them as gifts to all the TV Chefs so the audience look at them and say 'ooooh that must be the thing to have!' when, in fact, I bet if you were to go into actual restaurant kitchen where no one sees them, they're using Kenwoods all the way. wink

sieglinde Thu 01-Nov-12 14:03:18

They are pretty, but not up to heavy loads of stiff bread dough, IMHO. You can also get them for a knockdown price at Nisbets, who also have much bigger KA mixers and big Kenwoods.

Get a Cuisinart food processor, IMHO.

Yorky Thu 01-Nov-12 13:59:29

Happy birthday Bunbaker - watching your present with interest smile

Bunbaker Fri 26-Oct-12 09:55:21

I have just bought one of these as a birthday present from OH. I haven't used it yet as it isn't my birthday until next week, so I will report back.

oohnewshoes Thu 25-Oct-12 20:44:52

Kenwood k mix? I have one and love it. I think it dose the same as a KA.

Love mine anyway. here

catalex Wed 24-Oct-12 15:15:02

I have a white Kitchenaid Classic mixer which looks identical to the Kitchenaid Artisan one but I managed to get it on special offer on Amazon for £199 a few years ago rather than £400 for the Artisan! I love it and use it all the time and it looks fab in my kitchen - i think the bowl might be slightly smaller and the motor slightly less powerful than the Artisan but it is perfect for what i need it for (plenty of bread dough, cakes, icing, biscuits...)

starfishmummy Fri 19-Oct-12 10:21:38

Because they have done lots of clever marketing and product placement on TV/cookery books etc.
My vintage (1970's) Kenwood is still doing sterling work.

bluebird68 Fri 19-Oct-12 10:12:06

i treated myself to one when i got a small cash windfall. even then i chose the red one as it was slightly cheaper than the cream at the time. They look beautiful! i rarely use mine so its a bit of a kitchen decoration (it stays out always) . It feels very heavy and solid. i think the motor is very strong. It brightens up my otherwise shabby old fashioned rental flat kitchen!

TheSandstoneCat Fri 19-Oct-12 05:36:53

Oh - they definitely are pretty - very iconic, but a lot of money confused

melliebobs Thu 18-Oct-12 22:45:32

I dunno but they are sooooooo pretty smile

RillaBlythe Thu 18-Oct-12 20:08:53

Watching.

TheSandstoneCat Thu 18-Oct-12 20:04:55

and not its cheaper alternatives? What does it do better/faster/differently?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now