Anyone up for a weekly GBBO challenge?

(178 Posts)
evilwem Wed 10-Oct-12 13:54:57

I've been wanting to have a go at the 8 strand plaited loaf since they did it in week 2(?), but never get round to it. I wondered if anyone else has been itching to have a go at anything else - we could share triumphs and disasters smile No judges proclaiming our bottoms are too soggy or anything though.

bluebird68 Tue 13-Nov-12 11:33:43

oh forgot to say, if you roll them in the butter when they are still very hot, as opposed to just warm they absorb a frightening amount of butter! a good compromise for me was to dip tops in butter and then roll in sugar. I , like most bakers, have asbestos hands!

bluebird68 Fri 16-Nov-12 10:42:39

update. My baked doughnuts kept well. I ate the last yesterday. The rolled in butter ones obviously kept better but the others were not stale. I don't think the unbuttered ones would have lasted another day and the buttery ones were staring to get wet from the interaction of the sugar and butter. But that's better keeping qualities than fried yeasted doughnuts!

twolittlelovelies Fri 23-Nov-12 10:57:34

Count me in too. When are we starting? The thread seems to have gone quiet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now