For any bakers that shop in Aldi/lidl!

(10 Posts)
Jux Wed 10-Oct-12 17:01:58

Yes indeed <hollow laugh>

Orangeena Wed 10-Oct-12 14:45:23

Ooh ,maybe we will see you in next years Great British Bake Off Juxgrin.

Jux Wed 10-Oct-12 13:17:32

Oh, I quite enjoy it! I am still in the process of trying to perfect puff; I want to get to a point where I can just toss some off (grin) whenever I feel like it.

Orangeena Wed 10-Oct-12 11:55:31

I find it is nanny-try and see for yourself.I would be interested to hear what you think actually if you try it.
Jux,I havent made pastry so cant help you there-since Aldi started doing their own ready made shortcrust and puff pastry,my pastry making days have come to an end I must admitblush.

nannycook Tue 09-Oct-12 22:25:02

Orangeena, is it really that good then? i'm all for cutting costs especially when we all bake so much.

Jux Tue 09-Oct-12 22:20:37

Thanks. Does anyone have any idea whether it's good for pastry too? (Lard at Lidl costs about 39p so I use half lard, half butter at the mo.)

Brilliant thanks! I shall get some today. I'm often running out but at that price I'll stick up! smile

MissS89 Thu 04-Oct-12 08:48:29

I found that with the sainsburys & morrisons cheaper versions too!

PropositionJoe Sat 29-Sep-12 13:22:59

Ha - thank you! I use stork too and only last week I stood confused in Aldi, then left empty handed!

Orangeena Sat 29-Sep-12 13:21:22

Just wanted to share this as a piece of useful info really.A few weeks ago,I was all set to make a batch of biscuits and a choc chip cake and had everything ready until I went to get the butter/marg and realised I had forgotten to buy anyblush.I always use the soft,creamable Stork-always!
All I had was a tub of Lidl 'Heavenly Butterfully'(or Beautifully Buttery ).One is Aldi and other is Lidl.Its a yellow tub of spreadable butter like clover-costs about 60/70pence.
Well,the result was fantastic-really light fluffy textured cakes and biscuits were fab also.I have since used it for a few traybakes(coffee and lemon)and also a fruit cake and I am now using it for all baking instead of Stork.Half the price and much better I think!
Just wanted to share this in case anyone else wants to try and see.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now