For any bakers that shop in Aldi/lidl!

(10 Posts)
Orangeena Sat 29-Sep-12 13:21:22

Just wanted to share this as a piece of useful info really.A few weeks ago,I was all set to make a batch of biscuits and a choc chip cake and had everything ready until I went to get the butter/marg and realised I had forgotten to buy anyblush.I always use the soft,creamable Stork-always!
All I had was a tub of Lidl 'Heavenly Butterfully'(or Beautifully Buttery ).One is Aldi and other is Lidl.Its a yellow tub of spreadable butter like clover-costs about 60/70pence.
Well,the result was fantastic-really light fluffy textured cakes and biscuits were fab also.I have since used it for a few traybakes(coffee and lemon)and also a fruit cake and I am now using it for all baking instead of Stork.Half the price and much better I think!
Just wanted to share this in case anyone else wants to try and see.

PropositionJoe Sat 29-Sep-12 13:22:59

Ha - thank you! I use stork too and only last week I stood confused in Aldi, then left empty handed!

MissS89 Thu 04-Oct-12 08:48:29

I found that with the sainsburys & morrisons cheaper versions too!

Brilliant thanks! I shall get some today. I'm often running out but at that price I'll stick up! smile

Jux Tue 09-Oct-12 22:20:37

Thanks. Does anyone have any idea whether it's good for pastry too? (Lard at Lidl costs about 39p so I use half lard, half butter at the mo.)

nannycook Tue 09-Oct-12 22:25:02

Orangeena, is it really that good then? i'm all for cutting costs especially when we all bake so much.

Orangeena Wed 10-Oct-12 11:55:31

I find it is nanny-try and see for yourself.I would be interested to hear what you think actually if you try it.
Jux,I havent made pastry so cant help you there-since Aldi started doing their own ready made shortcrust and puff pastry,my pastry making days have come to an end I must admitblush.

Jux Wed 10-Oct-12 13:17:32

Oh, I quite enjoy it! I am still in the process of trying to perfect puff; I want to get to a point where I can just toss some off (grin) whenever I feel like it.

Orangeena Wed 10-Oct-12 14:45:23

Ooh ,maybe we will see you in next years Great British Bake Off Juxgrin.

Jux Wed 10-Oct-12 17:01:58

Yes indeed <hollow laugh>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now