Gluten free birthday cake- recipes?

(6 Posts)
LeMousquetaireAnonyme Wed 03-Oct-12 14:33:38

Make a chocolate mousse and cook it, no flour at all, melting, nice and tasty chocolate cake.

LadyMercy Wed 03-Oct-12 14:28:34

If it doesn't have to be a traditional birthday cake, google orange and almond cake James Martin (I'm not very good at links). It's on the BBC website. I've made this a couple times and it is pretty good.

MadgeHarvey Wed 03-Oct-12 08:25:05

I use the Dove's Farm White Spelt flour to make cakes for my SIL and Nieces - all gluten intolerant. It's not completely gluten free so no good if you need it to be that - but it's very very low in gluten and they are absolutely fine with it. It makes cakes, biscuits, pastry etc that you would just never know are not made with regular flour. Worth a try!

Jergens Mon 01-Oct-12 11:58:02

Hi MBP
I substitute the flour as you do but add 1 tsp of xanthan gum to improve the texture. My GF husband is always happy with the results!

FauxFox Fri 21-Sep-12 18:05:00
MissBoPeep Fri 21-Sep-12 10:42:59

DD has been diagnosed with a possible gluten intolerance and I want to make her a cake ( she's over 18 BTW!)

I usually just swap ordinary flour for Dove's Farm and it works okay but is sometimes a little dry.

Has anyone got a nice recipe maybe for a chocci cake?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now