Wood Pussies

(678 Posts)
VikingVagine Fri 24-Feb-12 15:43:45

Carrying on from Chat.

TheCunningStunt Sat 25-Feb-12 07:42:30

I love this thread....

HalleLouja Sat 25-Feb-12 08:00:07

So if I ordered on off Amazon today I should get it next week. Ok DH thinks its good if I can make more cakes. I like the idea of making butter. Buttermilk is fab for pancakes too.

VikingVagine Sat 25-Feb-12 08:49:37

I'm trying out bread this morning. I reaaaaaaaally don't like the sound of Woody straining, and the urge to scoop the dough out of the bowl and give it a good pummelling myself is almost overwhelming!

VikingVagine Sat 25-Feb-12 09:07:43

The need for dough manipulation got the better of me in the end. I shall reserve Woody for cakes and stuff, no more bread for him!

ViviPru Sat 25-Feb-12 09:40:23

Paul's processor won't work if there's an attachment in the mixer hole. Maybe it's a 288 thing - whats yours like in that respect, honey?

For those meringue novices, this is my favourite, works-every-time recipe smile

The cooking temps & times in the above are key and worked I my old oven and also in a totally different one since we moved house. Enjoy your whisk attachments, fellow Wood Pussies!

VikingVagine Sat 25-Feb-12 10:07:31

The jam/cream thread in Chat has inspired me to make scones today. I also need to find a cow so I can make my own clotted cream I have genuinely been on the look out for cows in the area because you can't get it here.

goingtoofast Sat 25-Feb-12 10:34:15

WhoKnowsWhereTheTimeGoes Try two chicks egg white, come in a caton and means no seperating and no yolk waste!

On bread quantity:
I think the limit is half a kilo. certainly i made pizza dough the other day with 300g flour and the prospero didn't budge.

I usually use 500g of flour and it's fine, when I use 750g I have to stay very close!

yes, but the limit on the prospero is 500g. sez so in the destructions.

I made the comment about needing to stay close when I use 750g but mine is a chef so can apparently cope with 2.18kg of dough.

VikingVagine Sat 25-Feb-12 10:44:08

I was only using 350g of flour, but it just didn't seem to like it so I did the rest by hand. <wimp>

TunipTheVegemal Sat 25-Feb-12 10:48:00

Iamweasel - yay! It would have been sad for all of us if yours was broken.

Doris - welcome to your Prospero.

Mine is called Ken but his name is Ken Prospero, rather than Ken Wood. It captures his sophistication better.

I can't believe I'm in a foodmixer quiche. I don't even like cake!

I intend to be very cautious about not mixing more than the limit or doing it any faster than I'm meant to, after my old handheld mixer got busted when I made it work too hard and it just broke.

TunipTheVegemal Sat 25-Feb-12 10:48:52

Viking it is a bit scary the way the head jumps up and down when he's working hard, but it says in the leaflet it is meant to do that.

sharenicely Sat 25-Feb-12 10:50:11

I found you.
Not sure if I'll get chance to work with Sir Ken of Wood today,my first night out this year tonight and lots to do! Planning on having a hangover tomorrow so might not be up to baking.
Anyway carry on and don't mind me.

TunipTheVegemal Sat 25-Feb-12 10:57:48

can't you use your Ken to mix a facepack or something? He could slice the cucumber for your eyes smile <helpful>

Grockle Sat 25-Feb-12 11:36:59

I got my Propsero! Yay. Now, what to do with it? And where to store it.

Honeydragon Sat 25-Feb-12 11:38:20

Viv nope, my attachments whizz round with the processor, did with both machines.

TheCunningStunt Sat 25-Feb-12 11:41:54

Mine kneaded 500g of flour easily. Well I mean it moved a fair bit but it coped fine smile. Mine is getting a rest today....apart from mashing some spuds for me later.

TunipTheVegemal Sat 25-Feb-12 11:58:58

ha ha, I have just exploited Ken's ability to process and mix at once by making him grate me some cheese and mix the scone dough at the same time! (I would like to make it clear I wouldn't do that if he was struggling, but the quantities were small.)

Grockle Sat 25-Feb-12 12:21:50

I need help!

Have played around with Prospero a little but am confused - if I put the liquidiser on top, both the liquidiser AND the mixer work. Do I have to remove the mixer bowl/ beater if I only want the liquidiser?

And when I tried the food processor, it didn't go round at all, only the mixer worked confused

TunipTheVegemal Sat 25-Feb-12 12:26:29

your food processor is probably not on properly. The feed tube and the handle need to be on the same side, though it feels more natural the other way. The little grey triangle on the lid should be lined up with the little grey line on the main food processor bowl.

The mixer and processor work at the same time but you have to be careful as someone on here left something in the bowl of the mixer when they were using the processor and it didn't get damaged but could have done. Taking the beater out if you're not using it is probably a good idea.

MamaLeMay Sat 25-Feb-12 12:39:39

Oh. My. God I LOVE my Prospero!!! Spent my birthday money on the one from Amazon. Thank you so so so much for this thread!!! I am sitting here drinking a caramel frappuccino that Ken just made for me... Heaven!

TunipTheVegemal Sat 25-Feb-12 12:41:03

wow. I REALLY want a caramel frappuccino!
Any chance of the recipe?

New rules for the Wood Pussies - when stating what your machine has made, please automatically include recipe/instructions grin

VikingVagine Sat 25-Feb-12 13:26:56

YY, especially when it's a caramel frappuccino.

MamaLeMay Sat 25-Feb-12 15:32:13

Hello! I'm rushing around at the moment..... I'll be back on tonight and I'll post the Frappaccino recipie ;-)

EddieVeddersfoxymop Sat 25-Feb-12 15:54:33

weasel, thanks for the phwoar........I assume that was aimed at me and not my MN nickname <preen>

tunip, t'was I who got the fright of her life when the processor AND the mixer went round at the same time. Fortunately, the only damage was to my little finger which inexplicably got involved, and the cat who jumped about 6 feet in the air <dented pride, as she was sleeping in the kitchen>

No fondling Eddie today for me, been stuck in the car all day <ho-hum>. Tomorrow, cheese scones!

Smellslikecatspee Sat 25-Feb-12 16:19:37

Posted on the other thread…

How do you do scones in the great Kenwood?
Is it an all in method?

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now