Wood Pussies

(678 Posts)
VikingVagine Fri 24-Feb-12 15:43:45

Carrying on from Chat.

TheCunningStunt Fri 11-May-12 07:56:08

Oooh I thought this thread had died a death!! Hoorah!!

VikingVagine Sat 12-May-12 09:28:09

I think we're all still here! Woody's going to be busy later on as I invent a cake, if it works I'll share the recipe if you don't hear from me it'll be because I've poisoned myself with my invention .

Is anyone in the Surrey area? I have just seen in the local paper that there is an exhibition of the history of Kenwood in a local Arts Centre, I might pop along one afternoon.

Kenwood Exhibition

VikingVagine Thu 17-May-12 15:47:12

I live nowhere near there sad but would have been interested to have a look. I might have been able to spot the one my mum inherited from my great aunt, which she still uses!

VikingVagine Sat 02-Jun-12 14:22:03

I have fallen in love with Woody all over again. Yesterday we made mint chocolate French macaroons and not only did they look like proper macaroons, but they also tasted like them too DS was slightly sad he couldn't call them shitskits any more though .

flapjack77 Wed 06-Jun-12 14:55:39

Mint choc macaroons sound delish Viking

Chef has been busy today as we have a shed load of eggs that need using, 1 choc sponge and 1 vic sponge done and in the freezer. Just need to decide what to do with the rest of the eggs (9!) now...

VikingVagine Wed 06-Jun-12 15:24:01

Well, may I suggest you separate some of them and make some meringues (pavlova, eaton mess) and some blackberry (or other summer fruit) creme brûlée?

cherryboomboom Sat 09-Jun-12 13:31:41

Forgot to update on my Kenwood mishap!
It is still working!!! I was dancing around my kitchen and shouting for the dc's to come downstairs when it started working again. I think they thought we had won the lottery and they were abit hmm when I said the mixer is working again!
Just a little worried it will smell/go mouldy in a couple of months though as it was a strawberry, banana and milk that I was blending. I also had to have the mixer on high for 5mins the other day and was sure I saw smoke coming out from it so put it on low instead. Hope it survives a little bit longer....

Grockle Sun 10-Jun-12 19:03:46

Ooo, this thread is still going! Yay!

Mine broke sad Well, the grating blade in the food processor snapped off the plastic ring thing in the middle. Not pleased.

VikingVagine Sun 10-Jun-12 20:17:15

I have discovered that amazon has a brilliant customer service (once you figure out how to get to it) so if you bought it from them you should be able to send it back (free of charge) and get a replacement imidiately if you bought it less than a year ago (my Senseo machine recently decided to play up and I exchanged it).

Woody is still doing well, I am pretty gently with him though because I just know something's going to break on him sooner or later although this will mean I have an excuse to buy a Kitchenaid .

DH has mastered making mayonnaise with him now. I'm still practicing macarons, almost there now!

Grockle Sun 10-Jun-12 20:26:39

Ooo, thats good to know. I don't really want to send the whole thing back and I don't have the box or packaging. I have contacted Kenwood and will contact Amazon if they are no help. Thanks for the tip.

VikingVagine Sun 10-Jun-12 20:33:44

Amazon actually sent me the replacement coffee machine before I sent the other one back (so I used the other packaging).

Grockle Mon 11-Jun-12 17:25:59

Ooo, maybe I'll contact them then, thank you. Kenwood have not responded.

VikingVagine Fri 10-Aug-12 09:18:12

Is it just me, or is the blade for the processor extremely phallic?

SilverSixpence Mon 13-Aug-12 11:30:52

lol, i've not noticed! I do find the spindle irritating though, it always falls out and drops on the floor when I lift the processor.

So far I've made: cheesecake, juice, mango lassi, brownies, lemon drizzle cake, pizza dough, grated carrots - I absolutely LOVE mine!

VikingVagine Mon 13-Aug-12 19:39:05

Yes the spindle is a real pita, I keep forgetting its there and dropping it the mixture, grrr!

I was just thinking about this thread the other day. I have just ordered the FP attachment for Mr Maker, so I can get rid of my old big FP and all its masses of never used accessories. I am probably only using it about once a week, but really pleased with it still, just makes baking so much easier.

The old FP is a Kenwood, and yes the blade thing is phallic (although a bit short!)

VikingVagine Sun 19-Aug-12 08:59:47

DS (10) was making cupcakes last night and he had a revelation while watching the whisk turn "It's like the Earth going round the sun"! Queue an in depth explanation from him about how planets move. I was quite impressed (the don't do much science at primary school in France).

Once the cakes were ready he had a less inspired revelation, "maybe next time we could get all the batter and put it in one big thing and make a huge cupcake".

VikingVagine Sat 06-Apr-13 09:24:12

Over a year on, I wonder how many of you are still happy with their Prosperos? Have any of them broken down? Do you still use them? Is anyone still out there?!

VikingVagine Sat 06-Apr-13 09:24:59

I am in fact an Englsih teacher, not sure what happened to my grammar just then

nannycook Sat 06-Apr-13 18:54:42

Viking my old mixer is giving up the goat lately and am about to buy a new something but not sure which one to buy, i know a kitchen aid is the bizz but what abot a kenwood as they seem just as expensive, any advice on these two?

TunipTheVegedude Sat 06-Apr-13 19:19:49

My spindle broke when I tried to slice too many leeks in one go, but I ordered another one and everything is fine now.
I might not be using my Ken quite as often as we did last year but it's still on my worktop looking pretty and doing a good job when it is needed.

VikingVagine Sat 06-Apr-13 19:45:32

Nanycook the Prospero is the really cheap Kemwood mixer and fine for occasional use, if I was as serious about making cakes as you are I'd deffinitely get a KitchenAid or a decent Kenwood!

I was wondering how everyone was getting on too. Mine is still getting used two or three times a week, fairly evenly split between food processor and bowl usage. I love it, it has made life in the kitchen so much easier.

Slashed my finger on one of the grater discs yesterday though [ouch]

nannycook Sat 06-Apr-13 20:06:23

yeah i think it probaly will be one of those to, i do actually think the kenwood looks nicer abit more modern, thanks for your input.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now