Wood Pussies

(678 Posts)
VikingVagine Fri 24-Feb-12 15:43:45

Carrying on from Chat.

Iamweasel Fri 24-Feb-12 18:57:10

Best. Thread. Ever

But HELP my processor doesn't work. I've mostly read the instructions. Mixer itself works. What've I neglected to do to make the processor work?

TunipTheVegemal Fri 24-Feb-12 19:07:08

Iamweasel - are you sure you've got the lid and the handle lined up properly? It feels like it's on right with the feed tube the opposite end from the handle, but actually they need to be on the same side for it to work.
It took me a while to work that one out.

Viking - the centre of my processor is shakey too, but I don't think it matters.

TheScottishPlayer Fri 24-Feb-12 19:09:25

Gah, the amazon one has gone up to £221 and I'm still dithering over whether to get that or the Very one. Do we know when anyone apart from Very will have the 900w one? I'm thinking that once its more widely available I'd get it a bit cheaper <hopeful>

Those of you that have the Very one, what do you think the benefits of it are over the one on Amazon?

EddieVeddersfoxymop Fri 24-Feb-12 19:12:59

Used the processor for the first time to chop veg this evening. Bloody hell, got a scare when the mixer part rotated at the same time! I had left the K beater plugged in and the dough hook in the bowl........all implements survived, shame the same can't be said for my nerves.

A lesson here - when the processor goes, so does the mixer!

Honeydragon Fri 24-Feb-12 19:17:55

Km288 900w is on general release sometime in march so not long. Buuuuuut looking at the spec on the Co Op site, it looks as if different stores may sell different packages, as the Co Op indicates a glass blender (Very one is plastic) and no processor.

Or it could be that CoOp got the spec wrong?

I am pleased I got a discount code, but I definitely think the machine has been worth £199.00 - hopefully I'll be saying the same in 6 months time after daily use.

TheScottishPlayer Fri 24-Feb-12 19:24:35

I wondered if the Co-op got the spec wrong as well - entirely possible if they don't have the stock yet?

Did someone mention lovely new attachments for the new 900w one?

Honeydragon Fri 24-Feb-12 19:32:57

Yes kwood sent me an attachment with pictures of the available attachments released soon

Mill
Glass blender
Mincer
Juicer

Honeydragon Fri 24-Feb-12 19:33:26

The new ones won't fit older models btw

TunipTheVegemal Fri 24-Feb-12 19:48:47

Can you do larger quantities in the Very one since it's got a slightly bigger wattage?
eg the 650W is max 500g flour if you're making bread. When I made that much it did seem to be working fairly hard, he was much happier with a smaller loaf.

Caz10 Fri 24-Feb-12 20:02:23

Loving the new thread title.

Had a very sad moment today when the chef made something frankly inedible sad. Not his fault though but I still felt sad when everything else has been a triumph.

I have a request/suggestion... When people create something lovely with their woodies could they post a brief descrip/recipe link? So we can build up a little bank?

My best things so far have been:

Fruit tea loaf, completely effortless you just have to remember to soak the fruit the night before

cookies from the recipe section on here

Also using the kbeater to make lovely home made burgers

TheScottishPlayer Fri 24-Feb-12 20:42:00

Thanks honeydragon. So, I could live without a glass blender and the amazon one comes with a citrus juicer (is the new one something different) but do I need a mincer (probably not) or a mill?

Hmmm. Will ponder over some wine. DH is now fully on board the Prospero bus and is favouring waiting for the new one to become more widely available.

<googles Very codes> Do you need to open an account or anything with Very or can you just buy it without all that rigmarole?

Caz10 - maybe MNHQ should add 'Prospero recipes' to the recipe section grin

Iamweasel Fri 24-Feb-12 21:34:13

It doesn't wooooork <wailing hard now>

I've read the instructions. I even followed them. Everything is aligned correctly and clicked into place. It makes a little tick noise but no swirly whirly. But the main mixer works if I take the processor gubbins off confused

I wAnt to make stuff sad

forkhandles Fri 24-Feb-12 21:41:41

Marking place and I have made pancakes and MrsChemist's bread so far. Easy and yummy smile

EddieVeddersfoxymop Fri 24-Feb-12 21:44:53

weasel, have you really clicked the bowl bit round? <voice of experience here> It has to go further than you think..........

Honeydragon Fri 24-Feb-12 21:55:57

I have the KM288 but assume principle is the same for all

Click on food processor, don't force it.
Handle should be sort of aligned with very front of processor over the W in Kenwood.
Put on blade
Put on lid with clicky bit close to the lock bit
check hole on top of lid properly on top of spindle
turn and lock (look underneath processor in the groove the white little tab should look engaged)
Switch on.

Iamweasel Fri 24-Feb-12 21:56:58

Thanks for trying to help but I fink it's busted. I shall have to phone them tomorrow

I feel disproportionately sad. Like a real friend is poorly <heads off for yet another fiddle>

DorisIsWaiting Fri 24-Feb-12 21:57:02

HE'S ARRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just a little excited as my neigbour took him in but then disappeared off in her car (was feeding dd lunch) and I had a horrible thoughtvthat she may have gone away for the weekend and take my one shot at domestic goddesry with her , but no I have now unpacked my very own Joe/ken (dh and I are still undecided he is voting for the rather unoriginal Ken Wood whilst I prefer another posters (sorry ) Prospero Joe. I really don't fancy a ken in the kitchen particularly as Step FIL is Ken.... still I will present him with fait accompli (and some cakes) and Joe will be Joe!

Thanks for the top tips cut and paste, we also ordered from amazon an Uncheese cook book for dd1 who is dairy/soya free so off to the most likely place in deepest darkest devon tomorrow to stock items like yeast flakes and light miso (totnes), to make our version of dairy free cheese. The fun never stops here but if it means we can have pizza again I'm all for it!

Oh and I'm going to have a go at the easy bread receipe above.....

Honeydragon Fri 24-Feb-12 21:57:20

Also if you don't have the blender cover locked the processor won't work. Is the blender cover properly locked and engaged?

Iamweasel Fri 24-Feb-12 22:06:07

He works! He works! You were right, I hadn't clicked far enough. Wine gave me the strength to really click

High fives all round, but specially tunip, eddievedder (phworr) and honey

YaaaaAay

Now what can I make, half baked (me)

DorisIsWaiting Fri 24-Feb-12 22:09:09

Yayy for Iamweasel and wine induced strength!

I forgot ot add earlier I have the amazon one but no cdrom who did you go to to get it amazon or kenwood it is listed on the amazon site as included in the package...

Eddie I made the same mistake at the weekend, frightened the life out of me.

Honeydragon Fri 24-Feb-12 22:16:14

behold the power of wine

Iamweasel Fri 24-Feb-12 22:51:14

Doris I'm an amazon (Ian? I wish) too

Ours says cd and mill. I have neither. The thing I thought was a mill is in fact the 'spindle'

Basically I need to stop dithering about what I've got, what I haven't, what works / what doesn't and just make something

Tomorrow I bake

minsmum Fri 24-Feb-12 22:58:34

My DH is now totally on board with the prospero and has just told me to get the food processor and he will pay.

Squeeee! More Prospero-ey goodness to come on here. Lordy, Kenwood must bloody love us lot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now