Girls names for dd2 - there's something wrong with all of them!

(65 Posts)
Vronsky Tue 14-Oct-08 21:51:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

hunkermunker Thu 16-Oct-08 21:52:19

By blinks on Wed 15-Oct-08 00:16:09
you can have all my names-

Betsey
Mitzie/Mitzy
Elsa
Colette
Luella
Maggie
Marni
Missy
Polly
Eliza
Cora
Coral

Jeez, Blinks, your driving licence must be massive!

Also PMSL at Otter-Leigh...!

LittleMissBlissBloodAndBoils Thu 16-Oct-08 21:57:25

Belle Sophia
or
Bella Sophia

nappyaddict Fri 17-Oct-08 10:09:13

i love coral/coralie.

nappyaddict Fri 17-Oct-08 10:09:16

i love coral/coralie.

groovergirl Tue 04-Nov-08 22:20:52

I recently found a 1930s "annual" for girls that featured two crime-busting heroines named Cicely and Catita. If you want pretty names that haven't been in fashion for decades and probably never will be again, I bet you could not go past those!

mabanana Tue 04-Nov-08 22:23:05

Audrey?

Vronsky Thu 27-Nov-08 14:12:25

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Rhubarb Thu 27-Nov-08 14:13:25

Bénita

jeanjeannie Thu 27-Nov-08 14:18:56

Love Cecily. Has a light, floaty 1930s feel, which, if the glut of names like Iris, Mabel and Esme is anything to go by means it'll sound quite modern. I love those sort of names and have an Iris and Verity - which seem to fit into that category - so I'm biased!

Quite like Elspeth - not so keen on the others. Sound a bit...erm, sort of Shakespearean - only not hmm Oh, I know what I mean - sorry!!

ohIdoliketobebesidethe Thu 27-Nov-08 14:21:54

Belle is lovely and aliteration rules.

mersmam Thu 27-Nov-08 14:41:00

I think Kitty is lovely, and I don't think there is a problem putting it with a sister called Tabitha.
Viola is nice too (and Violet). I also like Iris and don't think it's v.common - you have good taste!
Don't like Belle at all though - too Disneyish and the spelling makes me think of Belly buttons grin
Imogen is nice but more popular than the others you mentioned (still not overly common though).
I think Kitty is the nicest!

ch1cago Fri 28-Nov-08 21:56:00

My 6 year old niece is called Iris, I was worried about the old lady connotations at first, but it grew on me immediately and I think it's really lovely (as is she) - it has a lovely meaning too - rainbow (in case that's important).

Also love Sylvie - probably as one of my best friends has the same name.

Belle reminds me of bell end.
Your other names are lovely tho

Shelvis Sun 07-Oct-12 13:11:58

Kitty is my girls name! Have had it for 10 years since dh's gran passed away. It was her name although she was Katherine. We have simat taste as I also love Iris and Elspeth. But kitty is my favourite name and if its a girl she will be called Kitty Beau.

YouMayLogOut Sun 07-Oct-12 15:54:34

* Z o m b i e T h r e a d *

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now