Help us pick dd's name!

(15 Posts)
ATisketATasket Thu 24-Nov-16 14:39:33

Hello, we need some help picking our 2nd dd's name, who is due in a month! We have a Georgina, almost universally known as Georgie, single syllable surname. DH and I are in agreement about what we like generally, but can't decide what we like the most and I don't know if I am missing something.
So here is our shortlist. Middle name will either be Primrose or Kate we think not brave enough to use Primrose as a first name

Alexa (I am not sure about a shortening to Lexi though)
Anna
Ellen
Erin
Lana
Louisa

Others on the shortlist (which I think we have disregarded now were Clara, Jessica, Katherine and Lucy).

Looking forward to some opinions smile

strawberrypenguin Thu 24-Nov-16 14:41:32

From your list I think Erin goes best with Georgina they have the same 'feel' to me although I quite like them all!

Chinlo Thu 24-Nov-16 14:45:08

I love Alexa and LOVE Erin.

The rest I could take or leave.

albertcampionscat Thu 24-Nov-16 14:45:16

They're all nice. Lana!

Enkopkaffetak Thu 24-Nov-16 15:09:56

Louisa and Lana to me works best with Georgina that is a bit unusual without being weird and yet known enough to almost be a top 100.

Both have easy shortenings too if you like to do so. Never liked Erin and I think Anna/Anne is a lack of imagination type name (sorry)

Had Ellen and Alexa on our own short lists 18 years ago. Our concern with Alexa was the Alex shortening (As I dont want unisex) It is a gorgeous name though. Ellen can be difficult with surnames and middlenames so try to sound it out first.

PointlessUsername Thu 24-Nov-16 15:11:55

Erin Primrose.

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 24-Nov-16 17:14:28

I love Louisa and Ellen, like Alexis, Erin and Anna, I slightly dislike Lana for some reason, but it's definitely not terrible.

I'd say you can't really go wrong with that list - all nice.

Rollonbedtime7pm Thu 24-Nov-16 17:19:18

I like Erin the best but that's because I have one! grin

Otherwise, I like Clara - I would have liked to have it on our list but it's my friend's name and it felt a bit weird!

Sophronia Thu 24-Nov-16 17:56:33

I like Anna, Ellen and Louisa from your list. They all have a classic feel like Georgina.

Anna Primrose or Louisa Kate would be my pick.

ATisketATasket Thu 24-Nov-16 20:49:47

Thanks everyone.bit of an equal spread, although Erin seems to be up there.
I think I am going to have to write them down in their various combinations and see how it looks/feels, and obviously when the little one arrives see if it fits!

Horseshoe1 Fri 25-Nov-16 14:50:37

Louisa Primrose is gorgeous.

Georgie and Lou / Georgie and Lulu

smurfest Fri 25-Nov-16 14:57:07

I like Anna, not keen on the others

Dogolphin Fri 25-Nov-16 15:07:16

Louisa
or have you thought of Alexandra?

ATisketATasket Fri 25-Nov-16 17:34:45

I like Alexandra, Dh not so keen, but I am working on it...do you think it would be weird having 2 feminised versions of boys names?I don't want a 'theme' possibly overthinking this
It's weird but seeing other people write potential name combinations is really helpful smile

JunebabyT Sat 26-Nov-16 16:25:23

Louisa

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now