Lara Robin

(15 Posts)
Feelingkenty Thu 10-Nov-16 06:38:15

Lara Robin

So I posted a while ago and we have decided to name dd2 Lara Robin "Tentbell" (surname rhymes with but begins with a "K").

We debated spelling Robin the traditional girls way (Robyn) and generally I do prefer traditional spellings but I prefer the look of
Lara Robin over Lara Robyn

Today however an alternative has taken root in my mind and I am debating a new name (not yet raised with DH). What are your thoughts on
Layla Wren Tentbell (or Leila Wren Tentbell) or
Lara Robin Tentbell (or Lara Robyn Tentbell).

Big sister is Eliza Rose, we like names that are spunky and sweet without being overly girly.

I also have a weird thing where I want the names to have an equal number of letters so I can't have Layla Wren

Feelingkenty Thu 10-Nov-16 06:39:47

^^Sorry that would be I can't have Lara Wren

mathanxiety Thu 10-Nov-16 07:12:47

I think the Rs in Lara and Robin run together badly. Lara Robin would be too many Rs too close together too.

For that reason I like Layla Wren a lot more.
Layla Robin would be nice too.
Leila Wren would be lovely too.

I think I actually prefer Leila over Layla.

Lara is gorgeous, but it would have to have some other middle name that didn't start with R.

mathanxiety Thu 10-Nov-16 07:13:35

Lara Robin would be too many Rs too close together too.
Not sure why I included that hmm

Pluto30 Thu 10-Nov-16 07:34:31

I love Layla Wren.

Lara Robin clashes a bit. The "r" sounds are just too close together.

I prefer the spelling Layla over Leila.

SpunkyMummy Thu 10-Nov-16 08:06:06

I like it. And yes, I prefer the Robin spelling.

However, I personally prefer Laura. Or Zara or Nora?

I really like Zara Robin.

Elbi Thu 10-Nov-16 10:09:40

Would Wren/Robin be the middle name or part of the first name? If middle name, it depends how often you plan to use it in full. Personally I prefer Lara over Layla but do agree that Layla Wren is very pretty together.

What I'm trying to say is: the slight 'r' repetition in Lara Robin (still a gorgeous name) would only be a problem if used on the daily.

Feelingkenty Thu 10-Nov-16 10:25:35

Thanks all.

I do see your points about there being a few R's in the name. Robin (or Wren) would very much be a middle name only rather than used on a regular basis.

While I've been pregnant this time around we've nicknamed dd2 "Little Bird" so I just like the idea of giving her a bird related middle name to continue it.

SuperFlyHigh Thu 10-Nov-16 10:28:45

Layla Wren

SausageSoda Thu 10-Nov-16 10:32:26

I don't think Lara Robin looks right at all. I'd go with Lara Robyn if you're set on that combination though I think I prefer Wren as a middle name.

SausageSoda Thu 10-Nov-16 10:33:31

Plus I don't think Layla 'goes' with sibling name Eliza whereas I think Lara does

Sophronia Thu 10-Nov-16 11:51:18

I definitely prefer Lara to Layla, but I do think there are too many R sounds in Lara Robin.

If you want a bird related name there's also Lara Dove, Lara Merle, Lara Sparrow, Lara Deryn, Lara Paloma, Lara Bird, Lara Birdie, Lara Linnet, Lara Jemima, Lara Swan, Lara Piper

KlingybunFistelvase Thu 10-Nov-16 15:18:18

How about Lilah Wren / Lilah Robin?

Buntysoven Thu 10-Nov-16 22:31:09

The littlest bird is a wren so I definitely think you should use that! Layla Wren is very cool and goes well with Eliza

KoalaDownUnder Thu 10-Nov-16 23:38:07

I far prefer Layla to Lara.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now