Name for DD number 2

(11 Posts)
SquedgieBeckenheim Mon 31-Oct-16 17:20:33

DH and I suck at agreeing on names for girls. We had a choice of 2 boys names, but cannot agree on any girls names! We really struggled to find a name we both liked for DD1. Today we found out we're having another baby girl! So what do we name her?
I like traditional names. DH likes more modern, unusual names.
DD1 has a Gaelic name, I like Gaelic names but DH doesn't like the traditional spellings of a lot of them.
Names I like:
Bridget
Niamh
Eleanor
Isobel
Madeline

Names DH likes:
Freya
Eliza
Alicia
Lily

So any ideas that we might agree on but may not have thought of?

AnnetteKertan Mon 31-Oct-16 17:49:24

Lydia
Harriet
Lucy
Cara

Enkopkaffetak Mon 31-Oct-16 19:02:50

I wouldn't say your dh has particularly an unusual taste in girls names I think all of his are on the top 100 list. As you prefer something a bit more unusual what about looking at 100-200 and narrowing down what you like of that before seeing if there are any he likes?

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 31-Oct-16 19:26:44

I love Bridget !
Maybe, Bridget Lily.
Other names:
Tessa
Maeve
Sheena
Suzanne
Zoe
Laura

SquedgieBeckenheim Mon 31-Oct-16 19:44:53

Thanks for suggestions.
Enko I guess I think DH's names are unusual because I have literally never met a person with any of the first 3 of those names! Whereas I have with the names I like.
Lily I just think is a bit meh.
Sugarpie The middle name will be a family name, that's a whole other discussion once we've picked a first name!

iwasbornaunicorn Mon 31-Oct-16 19:56:49

Freya was unusual (but not to unusual) when we choose it but now it seems more popular.
What about
Luna
Athena
Not Gaelic but imo pretty & not to unusual

Bear2014 Mon 31-Oct-16 20:00:18

How about Elizabeth, shortened to Eliza?

I love Eleanor and think it's the best name in the world (I have one!)

SquedgieBeckenheim Mon 31-Oct-16 20:12:51

Bear DD's middle name is Elizabeth, after a family member, so that's out.

BarInSpace Mon 31-Oct-16 21:46:20

Naomi
Louisa
Clara
Iona
Miriam
Seren
Georgina
Catriona
Anna
Lena
Natasha
Melissa
Rowena

Enkopkaffetak Mon 31-Oct-16 23:17:45

As I have a love of names I went to have a look.

Freya 23rd
Eliza 47th
Alicia not in top 100 179th
Lily 13th

Yours

Bridget 735th
Niamh 109th
Eleanor 54th
Isobel 113th (Isabella 8th Isabelle 19th))

So I would suggest going to 100-200 in popularity pick out what you like and see if there is any he likes. Chances are pretty high you both will have some cross over. I don't think your names are that far apart from one anothers smile

I would also suggest considering adding an A where usual ending is E that may give you the wish for more unusual and him the wish for traditional (think Christina instead of Christine or Suzannah instead of Suzanne)

CakeRattleandRoll Tue 01-Nov-16 00:14:35

Miranda
Marissa
Audrey
Sara
Nancy
Emma
Martha
Joanna
Juliet
Cora

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now