Can I have a Rosanna Kate and a Caitlin Rose?

(26 Posts)
edgarisin Fri 28-Oct-16 19:43:09

It's fine, isn't it? I really hope so

atticusclaw2 Fri 28-Oct-16 19:44:51

Only if you don't use the second names.

Rosanna and Caitlin are fine

Rosanna-Kate and Caitlin-Rose is odd

edgarisin Fri 28-Oct-16 19:45:26

Kate and Rose are the middle names

PberryT Fri 28-Oct-16 19:48:22

People may comment the first time but no one really uses middle names so you should be ok.

Pallisers Fri 28-Oct-16 19:50:15

Rosanna and Caitlin are fine. If you intend to use the middle names, it would be odd.

If I heard the full names, I would wonder if you only liked two names in the whole world. But you rarely hear people's middle names.

ThroughThickAndThin01 Fri 28-Oct-16 19:50:41

A bit odd tbh

Enidblyton1 Fri 28-Oct-16 19:50:49

Yes absolutely. I don't think it's an issue at all.
Lovely names!

pontificationcentral Fri 28-Oct-16 19:52:42

Yes. We have dd1 and dd2 who have a first name and a second name from the same original origin. They are now 16 and 12 and no one has ever noticed, just said what lovely names they are.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Fri 28-Oct-16 20:01:13

Yes, you can.

MrsHathaway Fri 28-Oct-16 20:24:01

I think day to day it would be fine.

But I think the second daughter might feel a bit put out that you weren't more imaginative - assuming they aren't twins.

Really don't if they're twins. Twins need a separate identity from each other.

DramaAlpaca Fri 28-Oct-16 20:26:12

Of course you can. The similarity between one's first name and the other's middle name would be a lovely connection between two sisters.

MissPattie Fri 28-Oct-16 20:31:47

I think it's a bit shit really. Not for what anyone else thinks but for the children.

How hard is it to think of something with a bit of originality for your second child? If Inwas the older child I would be pissed off that my sibling had a 'copied' version of my name.

It's even worse for the younger sibling. She could feel that she is in her sister shadow from Day 1.

weegiemum Fri 28-Oct-16 20:43:12

I wouldn't. because what ^^ said - I wanted all my dc to have names that were there for them all.

In the end my dd2 was called Rachel, after her great grannie (who died 3 weeks before she was born) so she's Rachel (grannies name) Jessie (my grans name). We didn't call dd1 after anyone, we called ds after grandparents (he has Paul after his paternal grandfather, and Russell after my dad), as he was born on my dads birthday.

So our dc have 3 great names, but those names remember the grandparents who have gone before.

SpunkyMummy Fri 28-Oct-16 23:38:30

Yes smile

Although I'd add a 3rd name, a name they don't share...

SpunkyMummy Fri 28-Oct-16 23:39:19

It's a lovely name to connect 2 sisters.

MessezFaire Fri 28-Oct-16 23:43:44

I think if you had a third DD it would be tricky for them not to feel left out.

I think your second DD may feel (subconsciously) in the shadow of DD1.

Rosanna Kate
And
Caitlin/Catriona/Catrina .... anything! Grace? Lily? Matilda? Lila? Iris? Isla?

bluechameleon Fri 28-Oct-16 23:50:25

I think it's a bit weird, sorry. But most people will never know their middle names so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Sierra259 Fri 28-Oct-16 23:51:33

It's a bit unimaginative, but middle names are rarely used I suppose, and Rosanna/Caitlin are both really lovely. Do you already have a Rosanna and Caitlin is DD2? If so, I'd be inclined to try to come up with a different middle name. As a previous poster said, if it's twins definitely don't give "matching names"

CakeRattleandRoll Sat 29-Oct-16 01:27:16

I think it's fine, and your daughters may actually like having 'reverse' names of each other. Although I agree with pp that it may cause problems if you have a third dd!

Notverylucky Sat 29-Oct-16 01:35:24

I think the names are lovely.

TheNaze73 Sat 29-Oct-16 02:12:48

Both names are beautiful

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Sat 29-Oct-16 02:19:09

Lovely names but far too close.

Motherfuckers Sat 29-Oct-16 02:25:45

Fine, if you pronounce Caitlyn the correct way, if you were going with the incorrect pronunciation Kate-Lynn then it sounds pretty ridiculous.

Bogoffdailymail Sat 29-Oct-16 02:58:17

There's a (fab) singer songwriter called Caitlin Rose /irrelevant

DappledThings Sat 29-Oct-16 17:17:02

I was just about to mention Caitlin Rose the singer. Definitely worse people to have the same name as. I have a total girl crush on her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now