Jacob

(10 Posts)
Teakind Thu 20-Oct-16 17:55:10

Hello,

I know Jacob is currently in the top 10 of boys names but I wondered if you all know lots of them? This (fingers crossed!!) is my first and I don't know many young children so really have no idea of just how popular it is.

Also, what do people think of it? I like the nickname Jake too. I must admit I can't help but hear the way Bella shouts it in Twilight in my head though!

Thank you

MiketheKite Thu 20-Oct-16 18:55:28

I know 3 under 3. All 3 live in the same area. I don't live there and haven't come across any where I live. Mostly Olivers around my way

Chinlo Thu 20-Oct-16 18:59:22

Over the last four or five years, around 0.69% of all babies registered have been given the name Jacob. That's 1 in every 145 babies. So roughly 1 in every 73 boys.

LeftRightUpDown Thu 20-Oct-16 19:16:51

Jacob
Jake
Jakey
J
Jakestar
All name's my son has been called.

If you're really lucky he might get Jake the Peg sung to him..

Teakind Thu 20-Oct-16 21:51:17

Thanks all! That's really interesting.

Left those are great nicknames : )

Pluto30 Thu 20-Oct-16 21:54:04

I only know a Jake, and he's my age. I don't think his name was short for Jacob, although I could be wrong.

I love Jacob. It doesn't make me think of Twilight at all. I think that phase is well and truly over, and it won't have the lasting impact that books/movies like Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings have had.

Obsidian77 Thu 20-Oct-16 21:54:18

I love it. Only know a couple of them. It means "supplanter" in case the meaning bothers you but I think it's a nice classic name.

RiverTam Thu 20-Oct-16 21:55:28

I like Jacob but hate Jake which would probably stop me from using it, but as you like Jake too then go for it! I don't like it's such an unusual name that people automatically think of Twilight.

bumblingmum Thu 20-Oct-16 21:56:54

its pretty popular. There is one in each of my daughters classes (8 & 5).

Buntysoven Fri 21-Oct-16 00:32:24

I love the name Jacob and know none.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now