Atticus Wilder?

(50 Posts)

What do you think..?

More importantly this is dc 4 and my other's have initials of R, A and A - is 3 A names and one R just weird?

Bubblebloodypop Thu 20-Oct-16 10:12:45

I love it!

PotatoBread Thu 20-Oct-16 10:13:07

I want to like it but think it sounds a bit try hard. I don't think 1 R and 3 As is particularly weird though - I doubt I'd notice

Mamushka Thu 20-Oct-16 10:13:12

I think that sounds awesome!

lionheart Thu 20-Oct-16 10:13:26

It's great. smile

Pluto30 Thu 20-Oct-16 10:16:54

I always think Atticus is the name people go for when trying to be unique, not realising that it's the first port of call for just that (and, therefore, isn't unique at all).

I don't like Wilder.

WatchingFromTheWings Thu 20-Oct-16 10:16:55

Love it!

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 20-Oct-16 10:17:05

Fabby ! 😄

catsofa Thu 20-Oct-16 10:20:04

I think it sounds a bit... American, are you American? Maybe a bit OTT for here IMHO. I first thought it might be a thread about a character in a Diana Wynne Jones book (a wizard or similar ).

Genuinely struggling.. My husband likes Aldous - I don't.
I like Cassius - he doesn't..
I love wilder, dash, cash (American names I wouldn't use as a first name)!
Thought Atticus was a good compromise..

If anyone has any other idea I'd love to hear them 😊

EmpressKnowsWhereHerTowelIs Thu 20-Oct-16 10:24:22

My first thoughts were To Kill A Mockingbird & Little House on the Prairie - is that the kind of associations you're after?

HardcoreLadyType Thu 20-Oct-16 10:24:25

Almanzo Wilder, surely?

OnceMoreIntoTheBleach Thu 20-Oct-16 10:24:42

Alpheus? Greek river God.

Whoami24601 Thu 20-Oct-16 10:26:58

I thought little house on the prairie too. Which is fine, if that's what you're going for.

I had to google Almanzo Wilder - that association doesn't really bother me, I doubt that many people of a younger generation would have heard of him anyway (no offence 😂)

Chinlo Thu 20-Oct-16 10:31:09

Atticus is a great name. I love it. I'm not a fan of the middle name though, because it sounds like a surname (granted Atticus Wilder would be a really cool full name).

Bubblebloodypop Thu 20-Oct-16 10:33:02

If you don't use it I might grin

SirChenjin Thu 20-Oct-16 10:33:30

Nice but very American literary. Both will be well known to anyone who knows their modern classic fiction.

ErrolTheDragon Thu 20-Oct-16 10:35:32

It sounds like a psuedonym of a literary critic. Not someone who has to go through being a little boy and youth.

bruffin Thu 20-Oct-16 10:39:01

Sounds like trying way too hard to be different.

SquedgieBeckenheim Thu 20-Oct-16 10:41:13

I like it.

Hmm I do totally get the literary connotations, not that I think that's a terrible thing. I love Atticus finch.
I am really stumped for boys names though, and have spent maybe too long on name berry. Last week I loved zebedee.

Manumission Thu 20-Oct-16 10:44:56

I had to google Almanzo Wilder - that association doesn't really bother me, I doubt that many people of a younger generation would have heard of him anyway (no offence 😂)

I thought Almonzo too. The very cheek of suggesting we're not the younger generation! 😮😄

Atticus is nice, though 🙂

I don't really want to appear "try hard" but likewise do want something different.. Feels like it's much easier with girls names.

Manumission Thu 20-Oct-16 10:48:07

How about;

Atticus Wilbur
Atticus William
Atticus Wilf
Atticus Willem

Just to dilute the literary feel down a bit?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now