Rate my shortlist please!! One week to go!

(41 Posts)
Stilldreamingofsun Mon 17-Oct-16 08:43:13

For info, we have Italian, Irish and English heritage!

Raphael
Dominic
Rory
Torin

Francesca
Freya
Aoife
Iseult

BagelDog Mon 17-Oct-16 08:46:29

Love Rory and Torin. Rafael is really popular round here at the moment, Dominic is ok but I just love it less.

Freya is one of my all time favourites but is less uncommon that it used to be, gorgeous but not super unusual, depends what you are looking for? Love Aoife and Iseult. Francesca is what half my Irish cousins kids seem to be called, so less interesting to me.

Stilldreamingofsun Mon 17-Oct-16 08:50:20

Thank you! Really/ Francesca is popular in Ireland?!

Loyly Mon 17-Oct-16 08:55:26

Raphael - love!
Torin - like
Rory - like
Dominic - really dislike

Francesca - love!
Freya - really like
Aoife - dislike
Iseult - dislike

LolaStarr Mon 17-Oct-16 08:56:05

Out of your boys names I prefer Raphael, Torin is cool though. Are you a Tolkein fan? wink

Freya is my favourite out of the girls names, Aoife is pretty too. Not as keen on the other two.

BagelDog Mon 17-Oct-16 08:57:49

Have a big extended family out there, all the girls seem to be Theresa or Francesca, the boys Dominic or Francis. There is a brother/ sister called Francis and Francesca too, which wouldn't be my style...

Stilldreamingofsun Mon 17-Oct-16 09:02:37

Francis and Francesca siblings 😂

TheCompanyOfCats Mon 17-Oct-16 09:03:54

I love them all - great, great choices.

If forced to choose, i'd go with Raphael for a boy and Iseult for a girl.

BagelDog Mon 17-Oct-16 09:04:07

Known as Frankie and Cheska, as apparently Frankie and Frannie was too confusing. Who knew...

RockinHippy Mon 17-Oct-16 09:04:37

Love Torin, really love it

The girls names I am struggling more with, but IMHO Freya is the best out of those, though I don't love it

Stilldreamingofsun Mon 17-Oct-16 09:07:46

Really surprised how many people like Torin and Iseult- I thought they would be quite divisive!

DavidPuddy Mon 17-Oct-16 09:11:18

Are these Irish children being named for the pope? I love the name Frances for a girl.

soundsystem Mon 17-Oct-16 09:12:04

I love all of them! Great taste. Raphael is my least favourite of your boys and Torin is my favourite (it's on our list for DS). Dominic and Rory are lovely but Torin is just great!

From your girls names, I like Iseult best, followed by Aoife. Freya is nice, I know quite a few little ones. Francesca is ok, good nickname potential but depends on whether you like the possible nicknames (I'm not personally keen on Frankie which would put me off a bit!).

Do come back and tell us what you choose!

Stilldreamingofsun Mon 17-Oct-16 09:19:30

For sure- think I will need to look at the little face first to know! I think my faves are torin, raphael, Francesca and Iseult at the moment!

SorenaJ Mon 17-Oct-16 10:16:03

love Rory, Freya and Iseult

Sugarpiehoneyeye Mon 17-Oct-16 11:44:53

Love Raphael and Rory.
Love Francesca Iseult, as a full name.

DramaAlpaca Mon 17-Oct-16 11:54:27

I like all your boys names very much.

From your girls list I like Freya & Aoife, but not the other two.

PotatoBread Mon 17-Oct-16 11:55:00

Raphael - ninja turtle. Dislike.
Torin - love (was on my list but had a DD)
Rory - OK
Dominic - nice.

Francesca - like
Freya - really like
Aoife - dislike
Iseult - dislike

wigglesrock Mon 17-Oct-16 12:25:17

Dominic is my favourite boys name ever, it was top of the list for all three of my daughters grin

Francesca is my favourite from your girls list, Freya is ok, Iseult is a bit meh and I'm tripping over Aoifes (am in NI).

CakeRattleandRoll Mon 17-Oct-16 12:40:24

My favourites are:
Torin and Rory
Iseult and Francesca

But I actually like them all.

CourtJester Mon 17-Oct-16 12:41:57

Dominic is my favourite smile

None of your girls name really stand out for me, but Freya is probably my favourite

Chinlo Mon 17-Oct-16 12:44:46

I really like Dominic. Like Raphael and Torin too. Not a big fan of Rory.

Halfapintofshandy Mon 17-Oct-16 13:47:03

Giving a child a name that to many people is not easily pronounceable, it a bit of a curse in my view. So I would bin both Aoife and Iseult on that basis alone. Aoife is an ugly sounding name as well. Freya is super common.

Francesca is lovely and classic. 100% has my vote.

All the boys names are fine. Although Raphael is a bit feminine sounding (soft sounding) and you get into that whole "are we pronouncing it RAFF - eye -ell OR RAFE- ee -al." stuff.

Dominic and Rory are a bit dull. Dominic is a bit wet sounding old fashioned too.

Torin is male sounding and not common. I vote Torin on the boys list.

Pipilangstrumpf Mon 17-Oct-16 13:59:31

Torin and Iseult! Lovely and underused.

Shiftymake Mon 17-Oct-16 14:09:03

1-4 where 1 is in my opinion the name I personally like the most and 4 the least.
Raphael-4
Dominic-1
Rory-3
Torin-2

Francesca-3
Freya-1
Aoife-4
Iseult-2

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now