Girls name options

(28 Posts)
MrsNuckyThompson Wed 21-Sep-16 13:40:26

Racking my brain to remember what was on our list the last time. Thoughts on the following please:

Rachael
Rebecca (nn Becca)
Elizabeth (Ellie / Beth / Lizzie)
Imogen
Tabitha (nn Tabby)
Vivienne
Georgia

HarleyQuinzel Wed 21-Sep-16 13:43:50

Tabitha - cat name.

All the others are nice particularly Elizabeth and Rachael.

cosmicglittergirl Wed 21-Sep-16 13:47:56

Imogen and Tabitha are my favourite. I've never actually met a cat called Tabitha...
They are all good strong names. My least favourite is Rebecca probably because there were loads in my class at primary school.

PointlessUsername Wed 21-Sep-16 13:51:07

Tabitha is my favourite.
Least favourite would be vivienne.

Ilovenannyplum Wed 21-Sep-16 13:52:57

I second what pointless said

RiverTam Wed 21-Sep-16 13:55:46

Elizabeth

MrsNuckyThompson Wed 21-Sep-16 13:58:34

Hmm, lots of votes for Tabitha! I don't think it is actually a cat name, but definitely makes me think of cats... Which is ok: I love cats!

DramaAlpaca Wed 21-Sep-16 13:58:38

I like them all except for Tabitha (I had a cat called Tabitha) and Georgia.

I love Rachael with that spelling.

windowsneedaclean Wed 21-Sep-16 14:06:58

Love Tabitha!! Wanted to call DD Tabitha with Kitten for middle name, so nn Tabby Cat but DP said no sad DD is very pleased he said no!!!

GoNorthDarren Wed 21-Sep-16 14:08:22

I like Rachael, Rebecca and Elizabeth. I do like Tabitha but think it's more commonly used than the others at the moment. It is where I live anyway.

I don't like Imogen, Georgia or Vivienne but have no strong dislike for them either.

mrsclooneytoyou Wed 21-Sep-16 14:12:20

Tabitha
Vivienne
Georgia
I don't dislike any of the names though.

CakeRattleandRoll Wed 21-Sep-16 16:19:36

Love Tabitha, couldn't persuade DH to use it for DD.
Second favourite would be Vivienne.

Sugarpiehoneyeye Wed 21-Sep-16 19:24:18

Tabitha, lovely !

MrsGsnow18 Wed 21-Sep-16 19:41:27

Only one I'm not keen on is Georgia. Tabitha always seems really popular on MN but I've never come across one in real life. I used to love the children's books with Tabitha the cat in them, not sure if they are still around today. Think that's maybe where the cat think comes from.

DoYouRememberJustinBobby Wed 21-Sep-16 19:44:23

With regards Elizabeth, my mother thought they would use specific diminutives as nicknames however my sister and her classmates had very different ideas.
My mother was firm she would be Beth, Lizzy or Eliza, she is however a firm Betsy.

Bibs2014 Wed 21-Sep-16 19:46:44

Rebecca - but don't like Becky as a nn.

lizzieoak Wed 21-Sep-16 19:54:28

Tabitha, Georgia & Imogen are my favourites, not keen on Rebecca as I don't like hard c, also must have known a bitchy Rebecca as it unreasonably has that vibe for me.

NameChange30 Wed 21-Sep-16 19:55:07

I like:
Elizabeth - classic, several nickname options, also Elizabeth Bennett smile
Imogen - nice balance between pretty & strong
Georgia - cool name

I don't like:
Rachael - it's common and a bit boring, and there a two different spellings which is a pain
Rebecca - SO many of these in my generation (born mid-80s), she might find that she has the same as her friends' mums
Tabitha - too posh for my taste
Vivienne - sounds a bit pretentious

MiniAlphaBravo Wed 21-Sep-16 20:26:41

I love Elizabeth, it's such a classic and the child then has so many nickname options... Libby and Beth are my faves!

0pti0na1 Wed 21-Sep-16 21:43:54

I like Rebecca best, also Georgia and Rachel (without the unnecessary a). Quite like Imogen, and Beth but for Bethany rather than Elizabeth.

katemess12 Wed 21-Sep-16 22:02:23

Have always loved Georgia. Shortened to Gigi it is very sweet, but said in full, it is a strong, "cool" name.

I like Elizabeth too.

I don't like Rachael or Rebecca because they're a bit "had their moment" to me. I know so many who were born in the 80s and 90s. I also don't like Tabitha because it just screams "cat" to me, as does the nickname Tabby.

QueenLizIII Wed 21-Sep-16 22:59:48

The cat thing probably comes from Tabitha Twitchit from Beatrix Potter. The long-suffering mother of three unruly kittens, Moppet, Mittens and Tom Kitten.

NN Tabby will make it more catlike.

Imogen is my favourite from your list.

Sophronia Thu 22-Sep-16 00:30:35

Tabitha, Rachel or Rebecca

Buntysoven Thu 22-Sep-16 00:39:16

Favourite is Georgia as it's lovely to say. Find Imogen really clunky.

katemess12 Thu 22-Sep-16 01:06:49

There's also a book/series called Martha B. Rabbit, and the cat in that is called "Tabitha Cat".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now