The names that have been spoilt...

(29 Posts)
Buntysoven Sun 18-Sep-16 02:09:56

I was reading a thread where the OP was asking opinions on two names and immediately memories of my nemesis and a neurotic ex work colleague came flooding back! Which names are perfectly lovely but have been spoilt by people who are less so?

katemess12 Sun 18-Sep-16 02:14:13

Emily.

I've known several Emily's, and all of them have been awful. At both primary school and my first high school, I was bullied by a girl named Emily (different girls). The name Thalia has been ruined for the same reason.

The name Rose is spoilt for everyone in my family thanks to a family member by that name who has a screw loose big time.

Boys names... none. Wouldn't use Matthew because it was my "first love's" name, but I have nothing against him.

QueenLizIII Sun 18-Sep-16 02:21:40

Abigail / Abi.

Woman bitch who was the OW and my DP cheated with her.

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 18-Sep-16 11:31:17

Katie. I've yet to meet one I get on with.

AddToBasket Sun 18-Sep-16 11:35:18

I think Madeleine is a hard name to pull off after Madeleine McCann. I'm probably a bit prejudiced about that because she went missing the month DC1 was born and I felt really sorry for the endless Maddie headlines if you were a Maddie.

TisConfusion Sun 18-Sep-16 11:39:33

Yes to Emily. I actually think it's a nice name but the two I've known are erm...well the less said the better.
Same with Laura for me. Sorry to any Lauras!
And yeah Katie as well actually. And I was very nearly named Katie! Again, I think it's a nice name but just has bad connotations for me.

RaeSkywalker Sun 18-Sep-16 11:39:55

Georgia, Claire and Daniel.

Sophronia Sun 18-Sep-16 11:53:05

Amy/Aimee/Amie - 3 different bullies from school, never met a nice one.

Lovelongweekends Sun 18-Sep-16 11:55:23

Every Beckie I've known has been a nasty bully although I do know some nice Rebecca's.

BoboBunnyH0p Sun 18-Sep-16 16:25:31

Jessica and Natalie, I was bullied by girls called these names and even though I have met nice Jessica's and Natalies since these names bring bad memories.

BellaShLex Sun 18-Sep-16 23:50:58

Laura and Jessica, so many Laura's when I was at school that I thought it was such a common name, and my last two partners both had exes called Jessica hmm

BackforGood Sun 18-Sep-16 23:56:03

LOADS - it's one of the perils of being a teacher wink

Mollie/Molly was always my name for a girl but then I met one just recently who kept trying to latch on to DP (he was oblivious but I was not grin ) so now I'll never ever use it. I liked Zach for a boy but DP knew one who bullied him so that's also a no now!

AngharadTheSplendid Mon 19-Sep-16 04:05:11

Phoebe. Ex boss and total nut job.

Duckafuck Mon 19-Sep-16 04:08:19

Gemma, Kathryn, Kerry, Katy.
Mother fucking thunder cunts all of these bitches.

GruochMacAlpin Mon 19-Sep-16 04:09:06

I gave no good experiences with Jennys.

On the other hand my little DD thinks that Jennifer is the most beautiful name in the world so perhaps I'll end up with a Granddaughter Jennifer in 25 years or so and that will fix it for me! grin

Karen
Lauren

CancellyMcChequeface Mon 19-Sep-16 17:30:32

Daisy - horrible ex-colleague.
Caoimhe - lovely name, but the only one I've met was a girl who was really nasty to me at school.

WitchesGlove Mon 19-Sep-16 22:29:11

Macaila and Danielle- lots of horrible ones I've met

Daisy- don't like it

Susan- horrible one at school

Thewolfsjustapuppy Mon 19-Sep-16 22:42:58

Tamsy, I knew one who was just a nutcase.
Wilma, the only one I know is totally wet.

CourtJester Tue 20-Sep-16 14:47:42

Summer - i love it but i hated one when i was at school. She was a nasty, bratty child who was a year older than me. She would forever pull my hair and steal my bobble then i kicked her in the shin suddenly she had nothing to do with with ever again.

OvariesBeforeBrovaries Wed 21-Sep-16 08:04:26

Bryony. Vile.

Yep being a Maddy/Maddie wasn't easy during the MM case. I was at school at the time, the "banter" was constant hmm

IDreamOfPeace Wed 21-Sep-16 14:52:29

Reece, Martin, Daniel, Amy, Rob, Karen, Ashleigh, Kim and Katherine. Every single one I've ever met has been the devil incarnate! Especially Reece! Just naming them makes me mad! angry

MiaowTheCat Wed 21-Sep-16 16:27:39

After years of teaching I have numerous grey hairs named after various Thomases who caused them!

ABCFamily Fri 23-Sep-16 06:08:58

Lauren - Had to deal with some PITA Laurens, but it was a heinous Laurie who drove the final nail in the coffin.

The Sarah/Sara's that I went to school with were all a bit crap too; but I've since met lovely Sarah's, so that name's been redeemed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now