Nathaneil

(10 Posts)
Youcantscaremeihavechildren Thu 01-Sep-16 21:17:29

Misspelt or Nathan-Neil?

Just seen it on fb. Not a friend, on a local group. We have a Nathaniel...nn Nate.

Surely they would have realised it was meant to be ie not ei?

I'm sorry. I judged. I feel sorry for the little boy though, stuck with a lovely misspelt name.

passingthrough1 Thu 01-Sep-16 21:27:22

I don't think I could be a registrar ... I'd be asking the parents if they realise their name is not a name everytime someone came in with a name like that..!

Nonameyet1 Thu 01-Sep-16 21:30:18

Hopefully just a typo!!

Youcantscaremeihavechildren Thu 01-Sep-16 21:34:34

Oh I hope so....I think not though. Won't out them with a photo but it was handwritten on a frame with some of those very freaky they give me nightmares foot impressions that people do in plaster. Brother had a lovely classic name too. Spelt correctly.

Youcantscaremeihavechildren Thu 01-Sep-16 21:38:08

When we went to register my dd I went without (Irish) dh, she has an Irish gaelic middle name and I double checked and checked it again whilst there as I was so nervous I'd get it wrong!

Blahia Fri 02-Sep-16 08:04:23

If the brother has a classic name spelled the normal way, perhaps pm them and bring their attention to it (like say 'love the name, I have Nathaniel too -interesting spelling you've chosen, any background story for this?' Or something...) just because if they've actually got it wrong (by mistake!) on the birth certificate they will have time to amend it still...?

Ps. I totally read it as Nathan-Neil!!! 😮

Youcantscaremeihavechildren Fri 02-Sep-16 08:23:19

Oh I don't know if I'm brave enough! I think actually it looks like the baby isn't a baby anymore iyswim? The frames have photos and look fairly old. Someone will have pointed it out to them by now surely?

TheWildRumpyPumpus Fri 02-Sep-16 08:30:48

Nethaneel Mitchell-Blake is a GB sprinter - all manner of spellings out there obviously!

We have a Nathaniel too, he doesn't have a nickname at the moment but can imagine he'll be Nate down the line.

Blahia Fri 02-Sep-16 09:00:21

Ahh, sorry I assumed it was a newborn and that they were friends. No, I probably wouldn't mention it then!!

Youcantscaremeihavechildren Fri 02-Sep-16 17:58:59

Haha no I'd just be a judgy stranger! Nathaneel is..um...interesting too.....

I've seen Nathanael too but with the funny joined up ae, can never remember it's name.

Nat is a nice nickname too, Nate really suits him, although I sometimes find it a bit American sounding, but he's growing into it. Nathaniel does seem like a very big grown up name for him though, I think he will just end up being Nate. I am adverse to the nickname Nathan though....it really grates, we unmed and ahed over that for ages but we really didn't like anything else and it took us 5 weeks to name him!

Good luck to little Nathaneil though! Maybe he will just be Nathan...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now