James- opinions and help with middle name

(16 Posts)
zazie7 Sat 06-Aug-16 08:47:38

Hi,
I'm 23 weeks with baby number one, I think we are pretty much decided on a girl's name but still struggling to decide for a boy. We both like James but is it too dull/popular?

Does anyone have any suggestions for more unusual middle names that would go well with it? So far I have Theodore or Rowan but would welcome any suggestions.

We are considering Thomas in the middle after my grandfather but James Thomas seems so uninteresting so we are considering 2 middle names as well to include Thomas as well as something more unusual.

VioletBam Sat 06-Aug-16 09:08:30

I love the name James and have met three little Theodores and two Rowans but no little James in recent years.

I wonder why you want an unusual middle name? To me, both those sound odd with the name James....if it were the other way round...eg Theodore James then it would sound more "normal" but to my opinion, James Thomas sounds lovely. It's classic.

April241 Sat 06-Aug-16 09:10:38

James Thomas is lovely, my little Godson is called James :-)

DamsonGinIsMyThing Sat 06-Aug-16 09:13:21

James is lovely. I've only met nice ones.

YumYumThePig Sat 06-Aug-16 09:13:31

I love James and I haven't met any James's in the ten years I've had DC.

It is the middle name for our 3 DC but it's the middle name of my DH and his father etc so it's tradition

Thomas is a name we considered too but it's my brothers name. Thomas James is a lovely name

SeashellHoarder Sat 06-Aug-16 22:30:55

Lovely name. Not dull at all.

marblestatue Sat 06-Aug-16 23:18:32

James is super-popular as a middle name. Nice to see it as a first name, and I only know of one young James.

James Alexander
James Tristan
James Elliott
James Luca
James Roman
James Fergus
James Aaron
James Caspar
James Dougal
James Eli
James Nathaniel
James Gabriel
James Richard
James Alistair
James Benedict
James Dylan
James Edwin
James Magnus
James Frederick
James Leo
James Nicholas
James Austin
James Maxwell
James Cassius
James Peter
James Hugo
James Inigo

Queenofthesilverdollar Sat 06-Aug-16 23:20:51

James Hugh

MadameJosephine Sun 07-Aug-16 11:57:43

I have a James, it's always been my absolute favourite boy's name. He's 19 now and while it has always been a top ten name he has never really come across many others and never had another in his class at school. His middle name is Franklin which his dad picked and I wasn't keen on at the time but I have grown to love

Madbengalmum Sun 07-Aug-16 14:29:59

James Edward

historyismything Sun 07-Aug-16 14:53:03

James Francis?

ThatsNotEvenAWord Sun 07-Aug-16 14:56:57

James Henry

OvO Sun 07-Aug-16 15:02:37

I have a James. I think it's a classic name and not at all dull. It's in the top 10 of boys names but we rarely come across others. There's no others James' in his primary school of 170 pupils.

alltouchedout Sun 07-Aug-16 15:05:28

My brother is James. It's also the middle name of both my dad and ds1. I definitely think it's classic rather than boring.
James Thomas is lovely. James is a name that goes well with loads and loads of others.

BuntyFigglesworthSpiffington Sun 07-Aug-16 15:37:56

It's been a top 10 name forever and probably always will be. If it's the name you love go for it.

BlossomHillOne Tue 09-Aug-16 21:29:50

James William or James Francis

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now