How the other half name...

(8 Posts)
Mclaren37 Tue 26-Jul-16 23:53:11

Just reading an article about CEO of a high end fashion label who is mother to Baron, Snowdon and Wallis. I started to laugh at the theme of the boys' names (so British, but so very unBritishsmile), but then realized I think I love Wallis for a girl. (Wallis Simpson in oppose to the high street store?!)
What do you think of these kinds of names? Only for the super rich, or for the likes of me and thee?

AnneEyhtMeyer Wed 27-Jul-16 00:14:55

I would say these aren't at all British. More American, as they are surnames rather than traditional first names.

MrsCaecilius Wed 27-Jul-16 09:36:47

Very American to my ear (as was Wallis Simpson) and not super rich either. Afraid I find them rather naff!

Only1scoop Wed 27-Jul-16 09:39:14

I know a Woman called Wallace she's not from a middle class background.

DowntonDiva Wed 27-Jul-16 09:39:30

I like Wallis for a girl

florascotianew Wed 27-Jul-16 09:51:55

FWIW, Wallis Simpson's first name was Bessie; Wallis was her middle name. (Alternatively, some sources say that her original name was 'Bessiewallis'. ) She was known by both names as a child and dropped 'Bessie' when she grew up. Wallis was her father's middle name, and the name he was generally known by. She was named after him.

TerribleTwentyTwos Wed 27-Jul-16 09:54:29

Not for me I'm afraid. I like traditionally accepted names but ones that are less common.

AspiringMother Wed 27-Jul-16 18:11:54

Very American. I think it looks better when styled as Wallace but I associate it to be more of a boy's name than a girls.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now