Name for baby number 5...we've used all the good ones already!

(30 Posts)
Astrophe Wed 13-Jul-16 04:30:15

Baby 5 due in about 8-10 weeks.

We don't know the sex.

These are the names we already have (including some of their middle names, as they do show our name taste a bit), and those few we've already got on the short list.

Nothing is really jumping out so far. With so many names already used (we'd rather not repeat initials) and when cousins names and nicknames are factored in too, I feel like there isn't much left! Don't want to land this kid with a dud, after his/her siblings have (if I do say so myself!) such cracking names!

Suggestions please!

Clementine
Lucia
Adelaide
Elise
Francesca
Eleanor
Beatrice
Elsie (elisabeth)

James
Elijah
Billy (William)
Alfie (Alfred)
Samuel

KoalaDownUnder Wed 13-Jul-16 05:04:02

I adore your first four girls names.

Also James, Elijah and William.

Can't get on board with Alfie, and don't find Francesca, Eleanor or Beatrice pretty.

Would love to know your other kids' names!

Rainbowqueeen Wed 13-Jul-16 05:14:23

Mabel
Elodie
Alyssa
Miranda

Thomas (tommy)
Daniel (danny)
Reuben

Beanzmeanzcoffee Wed 13-Jul-16 05:17:04

I came across a Rosalind recently. Not heard the name in ages but I think it's beautiful. Very Shakespearean.

NickNacks Wed 13-Jul-16 05:38:36

That list included her children's names!

KoalaDownUnder Wed 13-Jul-16 05:52:28

Oh! blush Bugger. I missed that.

Well, they are all lovely, I just like some better than others!

<runs>

Liz09 Wed 13-Jul-16 06:42:19

Love Lucia, but it depends on how you're pronouncing it. I'm only a fan of the loo-see-ah pronunication (not loosha, or loo-chee-ah).

Otherwise, I like Elsie.

For boys, I love James and Samuel, and like William with the abbreviation Billy (love Billy!). Can't warm to Alfie (Alfred is fine), but it is very popular so I must be in the minority.

DowntonDiva Wed 13-Jul-16 06:54:39

Ottoline
Delilah
Elizabeth
Theodora

Guy
Alexander
Frederick
Hugo
Hector
Rafferty

imsorryiasked Wed 13-Jul-16 07:10:03

Rosanna
Benjamin

Pipilangstrumpf Wed 13-Jul-16 08:09:31

Love your girls names!

Also like Clara or Antonia.

For a boy how about Quentin- it's derived from 5th in Latin and is a great name imo. Nickname Quinn?

WankersHacksandThieves Wed 13-Jul-16 11:37:32

Robert
Peter
Miles
Benedict

Louisa
Amarys
Emmeline
Marissa

Coconutty Wed 13-Jul-16 11:40:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

caju Wed 13-Jul-16 12:02:21

It's kinda funny the amount of people who don't actually read the original post before replying. I'll have to keep it in mind next time I start a thread.

KoalaDownUnder Wed 13-Jul-16 12:16:36

Yeah, you do that, caju. hmm

While you're at it, make sure you write your OP nice and clearly.

Veterinari Wed 13-Jul-16 12:23:41

No need to be grumpy Koala OP's post was pretty clear!

These are the names we already have (including some of their middle names, as they do show our name taste a bit), and those few we've already got on the short list.

Wintersummerwintersummer Wed 13-Jul-16 12:30:02

I love your name choices! If it's a girl and you haven't already used Eleanor or Beatrice, I love these best. If you like these, you may also like Juliet and Annabel.

Boys-wise, I love William best. If not, how about Thomas. You can't go wrong with your choices though- beautiful timeless names xx

caju Wed 13-Jul-16 12:38:26

I wasn't attacking you, Koala. You just made a mistake that's all. What I was laughing about is the number of people making the same mistake! It's always drilled into us at school to read the question properly before you start writing your answers, because so many people don't - and I guess old habits die hard.

KoalaDownUnder Wed 13-Jul-16 13:07:49

Okay, sorry - but I still don't think it was clear!

These are the names we already have I read as 'These are the names we already have on our list'.

'These are the names of the children we already have' would have been clearer, IMO.

Anyhoo - comprehension and grumpiness fail on my part. Sorry caju flowers

BoboBunnyH0p Wed 13-Jul-16 13:54:24

Marcella
Rosalie
Meridith
Violet
Ida

Alexander (nn Xander)
Ezekiel
Monty
Ezra

Raines100 Wed 13-Jul-16 16:28:31

You say you don't want to duplicate initials, so could you point out which of these names are first names or else it's unnecessarily limiting e.g. If Francesca is only a mn, that puts Felicity back in the game.

BendydickCuminsnatch Wed 13-Jul-16 18:36:48

Yay for Adelaide! That's our chosen girl's name. Also really like Francesca and Elise - love your taste!

Hmm, suggestions... Willa, Carina, Alberta, Selina, Zara?

I really struggle with boys' names.

Astrophe Sun 17-Jul-16 12:42:46

Thanks for the replies - we went away for the weekend hence my lack of presence on the thread.

The first initials we already have are L, E, F and C. Would rather not reuse, but it's not a rule we have set in stone.

Most names on the lust we can't really use because already have cousins with the name, or it's too close to one of our kids' names or nicknames. Struggling!!

Astrophe Sun 17-Jul-16 12:44:03

Lust = list blush

namechange7711 Mon 18-Jul-16 13:09:36

Imogen
Talitha
Monica
Martha

Giles
Alistair
Patrick

BadToTheBone Mon 18-Jul-16 13:27:20

Ottlie
Annabel
Violet
Ceciily

Seth
Stanley

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now