Alternatives for Harrison

(10 Posts)
DoubleCarrick Sun 26-Jun-16 12:27:15

Dh and I were aimlessly chatting about baby names yesterday. I am 12 weeks and like to think through names early my mmc baby was named last year before I lost it and that feels nice

He likes Harrison, which I would want to shorten to Harry. However, my nephew is Harry so not sure if we want to go for that.

He also likes Charlie, Robin and Harley as boy or girls names

I realise I'm saying he... Those are the ones he's suggested that I like.

DoubleCarrick Sun 26-Jun-16 12:27:44

My phone froze, sorry for early post. Can anyone think of any similar alternatives?

1horatio Sun 26-Jun-16 12:59:14

Henric/k? Henry? Harry is technically a nn for Henry, I think.

WhyCantIuseTheNameIWant Sun 26-Jun-16 14:43:24

Harris
Sonny
Or just keep his full name as Harrison

Sherlock221B Tue 28-Jun-16 16:12:35

This website suggests some similar names to Harrison: www.babynames.co.uk/baby-boys-names/names-for-baby-boys-letter-h/harrison/

DoubleCarrick Wed 29-Jun-16 16:39:27

Thank you all smile annoyingly DH has now decided he doesn't like "harry" so he's vetoed Harrison even though it was his name in the first place grin

LaurieLemons Wed 29-Jun-16 16:43:44

Do you like Harrison? You don't have to use Harry as a nn. All the Harrison's I know are just Harrison.

EllenTheEgret Wed 29-Jun-16 18:03:00

Rowan
Lewis
Huw

Becks4Saints Wed 29-Jun-16 18:05:28

My DS is Harrison and God forbid anyone that shortens it too Harry. Strangely tho me and ExH have shortened it to 'H', however only we are allowed to call him that blush

DoubleCarrick Wed 29-Jun-16 18:08:25

I like Harrison but am more of a person who uses shortenings of names. Mine is shortened and I like it so wanted that option with the baby

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now