please help to find a baby boy name

(14 Posts)
erica82 Sun 19-Jun-16 11:51:17

Me and my partner can't agree on names.my name is erica and his name is eric,his mum is also erica...and my lovely partner want to name our baby also eric....no way!!!!I don't know how to persuade him to choose a different name.Anyway what about Jason,Jayson...I don't know,I never thought it will be that hard to find a name.

Just5minswithDacre Sun 19-Jun-16 11:56:16

Jason with a Y? Really?

Eric would be better.

Maybe Eric Balonz Surname? Do you have any Surrey connections?

Honestly if Eric and Jayson/Jason is the whole longlist, you're in trouble smile

erica82 Sun 19-Jun-16 12:29:34

I thought it's a bit different with y unusual.The middle name will be 100% William after my dad and my partners grandad. The other names what I like are Christian, Noah, Oliver, Alex, Nathan. our baby due date is 17 October so we has got still time to find a name,but sometimes I panicking,I just so badly don't want our baby to be named eric. We has got enough Eric/a in our family.

CodyKing Sun 19-Jun-16 12:33:13

Jason - however spelt is awful -

I'd agree Eric for the babu would be equally awful - what if you have another boy - he'll be left out - or a girl and she'll be Erica to complete the family -

CodyKing Sun 19-Jun-16 12:34:05

The other names are great - except Nathan - haven't met one I like !!

Just5minswithDacre Sun 19-Jun-16 12:40:23

Alex is nice.

Sophronia Sun 19-Jun-16 12:50:53

I like Jason (spelled this way), Alex, Christian, Oliver and Nathan.

lookbeforeyouleap Sun 19-Jun-16 13:33:18

How about another E name? Elliot/t, Ethan, Elijah, Edward, Ezra.

erica82 Sun 19-Jun-16 14:30:17

Yes,Ethan is nice.I think I will make a list and I will ask my partner also to make one(even he is decided for Eric) and we will choose one are of those on our holiday.

BoboBunnyH0p Sun 19-Jun-16 15:17:50

Jason don't love or hate it. I've never come across one recently. Don't spell it with a y looks like your trying too hard to be trendy/different and you /your child will be forever correcting it.
Eric not a fan, but I tend to stay away from naming DC after family for 1st names, perfectly find to use a family name as a middle.

I like Christian, Alexander on birth certificate with nn as Alex. Prefer Nathaniel to Nathan. Personally Noah and Oliver are very popular so you may want to avoid for that reason.

Littlemissindifferent Sun 19-Jun-16 15:19:43

I like James or Jacob

julfin Sun 19-Jun-16 15:54:53

I agree with you that it would be absurd to call the baby Eric - especially if you might have another son later on.

I like all your other names (good, solid, classy names), except Jayson. If you do want to call your child Jason then for pity's sake spell it properly - the Y is just made-up.

NauticalIce Sun 19-Jun-16 16:05:08

Go for Noah William - lovely smile

purplefox Sun 19-Jun-16 16:11:07

If he's set on eric how about something with a similar -ic sound?
Derek, Frederic, Carrick, Broderick, Roderick, Jericho, Cedric, Aleck, Ricardo

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now