What do you think of these names?

(13 Posts)
cosysnowydays Tue 17-May-16 15:34:40

Both I and OH like Kitty, it's the name we both like the most. Middle name would be Ruth. What do you think?

Other names in running are Pippa (this is the second favourite) OH likes Lottie but surname begins with L and I'm not sure it sounds right. I like Jemima but vetoed by OH.

Boys we are set on Ted, just Ted not Edward as it would never be used so don't see the point. Also don't like the other Ed, Eddy.

Pipilangstrumpf Tue 17-May-16 15:37:43

We might have different tastes, but I only like Jemima from your suggestions.

sonlypuppyfat Tue 17-May-16 15:46:18

Are these names for a person or a pet

MrsCaecilius Tue 17-May-16 15:58:16

I love Kitty, but only as a nn for Katherine. Personal preference to give a child the choice later in life.

My OH on the other hand thinks its a stripper name.

We've clearly moved in different circles....

RiverTam Tue 17-May-16 16:01:41

I know of a Kitty, it suits her, she's about 11 now and it doesn't seem too babyish. Go for it.

cosysnowydays Tue 17-May-16 16:01:58

Person. No need to be rude.

I also liked Beatrice/Beatrix, Penelope with nn Nelly, but OH doesn't like.

I know of a 40 year old professional Kitty and no one ever blinked at the name, I think a name will grow with the child and it's hardly that out that!

sonlypuppyfat Tue 17-May-16 16:03:59

Well who is going to meet a 40 yr old Kitty and say Wow what a daft name, are they?

Pipilangstrumpf Tue 17-May-16 16:04:52

You did ask our opinions though smile

Personally, I can't hear Kitty without thinking about a cute kitty pussy cat.

I much prefer Beatrice and Jemima.

cosysnowydays Tue 17-May-16 16:05:05

Yes I don't think it's too babyish and think Kitty Ruth flows well and MN is a family name. It's OH's fave along with Pippa, but Kitty slightly ahead.

cosysnowydays Tue 17-May-16 16:08:42

Hahaha you really aren't keen are you! No problem, yes I did ask for Opinions. I think we will be going for long name on birth certificate but NN from day one though.

pieceofpurplesky Tue 17-May-16 16:14:27

My wonderful aunt was Kitty. She lived until her late 90s and had a wonderful and colourful life.
If I had ever had a daughter it was on my list.

sonlypuppyfat Tue 17-May-16 16:15:56

Katherine Ruth is lovely

mrsschu Tue 17-May-16 16:43:46

Kitty sounds very babyish to me also. Would go with Katherine on the BC and use Kitty if you like as a nn. She can then use Katherine or Kate if she wants when she's older. Or Katie. I don't like Pippa or Jemima. Love Ted for a boy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now