Can we call 2nd DS the middle name we gave to DS1?!!

(10 Posts)
Namelessbabe Wed 11-May-16 20:25:47

Is this a complete no-no?! We're struggling to decide (see other thread!) and I do LOVE DS1's middle name. We didn't envisage more than 2 kids...

ThroughThickAndThin01 Wed 11-May-16 20:27:18

I think you should do everything you can to give him his own names.

DramaAlpaca Wed 11-May-16 20:34:04

Well you can if you want to!

A friend of mine has two daughters, who each have two middle names, one of which is their mother's middle name. For example, the mother's middle name is Jane, and her girls are called (not their real names) Annabel Jane Louisa and Sophie Elizabeth Jane. It works quite well, I think.

Another friend of mine is from a family of two girls and two boys, and they all share the same middle name. It's their mother's surname, but it is also a unisex first name so again it works really well.

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Wed 11-May-16 20:37:57

No I wouldn't. What if DS 1 wants to go by his mn. You could end up with 2 kids called "Joe".
I know 3 Sisters all with the MN Marie. Will be a problem if all 3 decide to use their mn's. Which you're allowed to do so. There's no law against it.

wigglesrock Wed 11-May-16 21:57:36

I know quite a few people who have done it, my mil for one grin, her eldest sons middle name is the same as her youngest sons first name. My mums middle name is the same as her youngest sisters first, although to be honest my Nana seemed to have just worked on a rotation of Mary Margaret Bernadette Theresa over her four daughters.

I'd have been very tempted to use my daughters second name for a younger sibling but my husband isn't a huge fan of the name. I wouldn't over worry about it, my kids never use their second name.

2ManySweets Wed 11-May-16 21:58:37

Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes just did this!

GinnyMcGinFace Wed 11-May-16 22:00:14

Our sons have the same middle name....do it if you like it.

Ludwaysl Wed 11-May-16 22:08:11

I know a sibling set who are James Daniel, Daniel James (not those names though). It works for them.

Pipsweet1 Thu 12-May-16 00:36:44

Why not! I would consider it, do you know all of your friends middle names? And we give baby's a family members middle name most of time time anyway so why not that way round x

Sophronia Thu 12-May-16 09:23:59

I think it's fine

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now