Top ten names of the year to date

(8 Posts)
kaymondo Wed 13-Apr-16 18:13:52

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3536962/Adeline-Ezra-Silas-Isla-Charlotte-popular-baby-names-2016.html

Apologies for daily fail link, but top ten names of the year to date - what do people think? Surprised at Ezra being up there - I knew it was increasing in popularity but thought it would still be a bit less mainstream. Glad none of my shortlisted names have put in an appearance!

Sophronia Wed 13-Apr-16 19:09:53

This is just according to the website Nameberry and is based on the names that got the most 'views' on their site. It's not an official popularity list like the Office of National Statistics baby names list.

I like Adeline, Eleanor, Ezra, Asher, Levi and Henry.

AutumnRose1988 Wed 13-Apr-16 19:30:03

See that changes things because what I view on nameberry is one thing and what I would actually name my child is another...I find their lists quite unrealistic most of the time x

Puddleducks123 Wed 13-Apr-16 20:29:59

This is from daily mail Australia.

kaymondo Wed 13-Apr-16 22:03:15

Ah that makes a lot more sense. I was really surprised by some of the names on there but if they're just what people are viewing and in Australia then it probably doesn't bear much relation to the newborns in my little village in the midlands!

Izzyathome Thu 14-Apr-16 01:27:35

Yes Australian top 10, I do like them though!

carabos Thu 14-Apr-16 18:14:32

DS2's girlfriend is called Adeline. I'd never heard it until we met her. She's early 20s.

Pagetta Thu 14-Apr-16 22:03:52

i hear Ezra more and more being bounded around on here recently!
love penelope - that's my girls name of choice!
the boys names are nice - i ove atticus, but i don't think we are trendy enough to call our baby that ha!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now