Jude?

(20 Posts)
Princesslucky1 Sun 10-Apr-16 19:01:49

What do ye think of this name for a boy?

mrsschu Sun 10-Apr-16 19:23:05

This is going to sound harsh but I honestly think it's one of the worst names I've ever heard. It sounds ugly IMO for a boy or girl. However mumsnet generally loves it so you'll probably get 20 positive views to counteract my negative one. Which is probably just as well as I'm obviously not a fan. Rant over...

SnuffleGruntSnorter Sun 10-Apr-16 19:26:08

I love it! Was a serious contender for ds1, probably will be the name of ds2 if one comes along

Eminybob Sun 10-Apr-16 19:27:30

I really like it. It was on my shortlist for DS but DP didn't like it.

Roseberrry Sun 10-Apr-16 19:27:35

I love it. Didn't go with our surname so had to discount it but I think it's a cool name. Would you put a middle name with it?

Princesslucky1 Sun 10-Apr-16 19:33:02

Thanks everyone I think I love it also just don't know any, I'm not really into 2nd names but if I do pick one it would be Micheal after my father.

mummatucker Sun 10-Apr-16 19:33:24

I have a Jude so I'm biased but I love it. Whatever name, literally any name out there that you pick someone will have an unkind thing to say about it so choose a name you like.

AutumnRose1988 Sun 10-Apr-16 19:36:00

How can Jude be one of the worst names you ever heard mrsschu lol What about Pubert? Abishag? Doris? Fanny? Chance? Cyril? Lol xx but if it's not your cup of tea it's just not your cup of tea.

I like Jude. I have heard it a handful of times and think it sounds nice, easy to spell and a little bit hipster-ish :-) flowers

mrsschu Sun 10-Apr-16 19:45:30

AutumnRose1988 I know, it seems crazy but it's probably the name I dislike most! But Pubert and Chance aren't really names are they?! Even so, it's irrational and I know I'm in the minority but there you go!! I don't even know anyone called Jude so it's not like I had a bad experience with a Jude or anything... <hangs head in shame and leaves> smile

AutumnRose1988 Sun 10-Apr-16 19:51:36

Aww bless ya mrsschu lol don't leave hehe xx

Each to their own and we all have our reasons for loving/loathing names...and just to go off on a tangent for a moment -I was on a baby name site and they suggested Lettuce as a baby name! Lettuce! Lol

PrincessLucky I think Jude has definitely got the mumsnet vote xx

Scattymere Mon 11-Apr-16 09:28:29

Love Jude - if we have another boy will be our top name.

MadameDePompom Mon 11-Apr-16 10:25:50

Great name. No name will be universally loved!

DramaAlpaca Mon 11-Apr-16 10:26:48

I love it, but DH would have exercised his veto.

MadameDePompom Mon 11-Apr-16 10:27:21

'But Pubert and Chance aren't really names are they?!'

I really hope there aren't any Puberts in the world but I do know a lovely little boy called Chance. He is American though.

Itinerary Mon 11-Apr-16 11:04:48

I'm not keen, sorry.

Girliefriendlikesflowers Mon 11-Apr-16 11:09:11

I like it, know of one is now 12yo who is quite a cool dude.

HeadTilt Mon 11-Apr-16 11:48:18

I like the sound if it but would be out off by the fear someone might think I am a Jude Law fan!

DD has. Nursery friend called Jude. It suits him, hearing it on a real child makes me like it more.

Cerseirys Mon 11-Apr-16 11:55:55

Hey
Law
the Obscure

are what comes to mind. But I think it's quite a nice name for a boy, though perhaps not for a girl.

CordeliaFrost Mon 11-Apr-16 15:24:00

I absolutely love it, but I'm biased, as it's the name of one of my favourite people in the world, my 5-year old son.

Shesinfashion Thu 14-Apr-16 18:03:07

Adore the name Jude. Would have loved to have used it but DP wasn't keen and I have two DD's. I imagine a little boy called Jude to be cool, confident and kind.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now