Siblings with similar middle names

(13 Posts)
jamenhej Mon 28-Mar-16 07:17:55

Our DD has Emilia as one of her two middle names. We have a DS due shortly and would like to use Emil as one of his middle names - purely by coincidence, it hadn't occurred to us until last night that it would be similar to his sister's name! Perfectly fine or a bit matchy-matchy?

Zampa Mon 28-Mar-16 07:20:38

Perfectly fine IMO.

I can't imagine that they'll use their middle names that frequently in public where any confusion might arise.

Nowthereistwo Mon 28-Mar-16 07:35:40

No one will care - I say this in the nicest possible way.

jamenhej Mon 28-Mar-16 07:40:37

That's what I'm hoping Nowthereistwo smile I just don't want them to look 'themed' and definitely know this is a non problem in reality!

bushtailadventures Mon 28-Mar-16 07:45:59

All mine have similar sounding middle names, but very different first names. They do all start with the same letter too, deliberately, because it is a bit of a family theme, although I think I am the only one who thinks so smile

No-one, in 20+ years, has ever mentioned it to me, so I think you will be fine.

SilverGiraffe7 Mon 28-Mar-16 07:49:37

If I noticed, I'd think it was a lovely link between them rather than anything negative. I'd big up the similarity to his sister and tell her you named him after her as she's such a wonderful big sister! wink

Luciferbox Mon 28-Mar-16 07:57:38

DB and I both have middle names that are similar. We've always liked it.

starkers1 Mon 28-Mar-16 08:53:10

honestly, no one else but you cares about a middle name!! Just go with what you want, they are not important.

Coconutty Mon 28-Mar-16 08:57:00

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

jamenhej Mon 28-Mar-16 14:15:18

Thanks all! Nice to hear that if it is even noticed, it might well be positively viewed!

GreenLounger Mon 28-Mar-16 14:31:01

Not a problem smile

OurBlanche Mon 28-Mar-16 14:34:40

I have friends who share a middle name with all siblings and cousins. A controlling father stipulated only grandchildren with is name would inherit.. he meant this to exclude his granddaughters... he was already skipping a generation as he had only had daughters. So they all gave their kids his name as their middle name.

We enjoyed the weddings: "I Laura Archibald, take thee..." smile

nectarini1983 Mon 28-Mar-16 14:42:32

I think it's a nice touch actually

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now