initial girls longlist dc2

(11 Posts)
ashesandfire Sat 26-Mar-16 18:57:48

Oh has vetoed a whole load of names I love including Madeleine, Adelaide, Rosalind, Saskia, Rosanna and Naomi. Sob.

Dd is Bethany Grace. Ideally I'd like something that complements that, although it's more important to me that we both love the name than that they 'match'. I love Bethany and Beth as nn (although she doesn't get that at the moment) so do like the idea of a longer name with a nice nn.

So, this is what's left at the moment. Thoughts, favourites, and other suggestions very welcome. Can't have floral/nature names due to the surname.

-Alice

-Anna or Anya - the thing that puts me off is when B was born my aunt said it was a clever name because there were lots of potential nicknames including Annie. That doesn't strike me as a natural nickname for Bethany and she's never been called that but now wondering if we should avoid names that could be abbreviated to Annie

-Clara but I'm not sure this goes with sn due to repetition of ar/la sounds

-Eloise or Elodie - but I'm not keen on Ellie as a possible shortening

-Felicity - I like this and love Fliss as nn but worried that Bethany and Felicity is too twee/samey?

-Freya - like this, not sure I love it

-Lydia

-Louisa - love this but Bethany's nn is Boo so worried about having Boo and Lou! Any other nns for Louisa?

-Sophie - was our 2nd choice for dd but still love it but is it a bit boring/predictable?

RiverTam Sat 26-Mar-16 19:09:29

Eloise
Lydia

VerBot Sat 26-Mar-16 19:13:20

Clara would is the nicest I only but Lydia goes best with your DDs name. Also like both Anna & Anya, Annie can be a nn for Bethany if the child/parents decide to start using that but it isn't one that would ever be used automatically, surely that would be Beth, so not really an issue.

Coldtoeswarmheart Sat 26-Mar-16 19:14:39

Elodie and Felicity are best IMHO.

VerBot Sat 26-Mar-16 19:14:44

I only IMO

RockUnit Sat 26-Mar-16 21:46:01

Lydia or Sophie

Thisisanoutrage Sun 27-Mar-16 13:48:49

Eloise, Sophie or Lydia.

joyfulworld Tue 29-Mar-16 07:26:05

I love Louisa and Sophie.

GoldPlatedBacon Tue 29-Mar-16 08:35:53

Lydia is my favourite out of your list (& one of my all time favourite names) but when I first saw Bethany my immediate thought was Sophie

GreenLounger Tue 29-Mar-16 09:47:47

I really like Eloise and Elodie smile

Sophie is also lovely...

Louisa would be my next pick!

Sgoinneal Tue 29-Mar-16 11:55:58

If you don't like Ellie I'd stay away from those names, even though Eloise is lovely.
Felicity not too matchy, Freya, Clara and Anna are my favourites.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now