Middle name for Henry

(11 Posts)
Peyia Tue 22-Mar-16 10:00:47

We've decided on Henry because grandparents were called Harry on both sides. still toying with Harry as the written name on the BC so if we can't decide we'll use Henry as the written form (being traditional blah blah blah)

Anyway, back to the question. What second name would you use? Our safe option is Henry James but the alternative (which I love) is Henry Xavier - not pronouncing the X!

Any opinions, suggestions?

Iliveinalighthousewiththeghost Tue 22-Mar-16 12:37:13

The MN James is the equivalent to Mae Grace. It's almost every little boys MN. I can understand why, as it goes with almost any name. I also love Henry Xavier
Other suggestions
Henry David
Henry Arthur
Henry Charles
Henry Louis
Henry Francis
Henry Thomas
Henry John
Henry Jude

NovaArt3mis Tue 22-Mar-16 12:40:05

Love Xavier but I came to suggest Rufus.

scrivette Tue 22-Mar-16 12:44:23

I came on to suggest James as it flows so nicely.

Henry Thomas
Henry Nicholas

ABitAsleep Tue 22-Mar-16 12:48:49

I was going to suggest James...

Henry Matthew
Henry Samuel
Henry Issac
Henry Aaron
Henry Lee

SpidersFromMars Tue 22-Mar-16 13:14:53

Xavier is great!

Popilol Tue 22-Mar-16 13:16:03

I was going to have a Henry Alexander but he came out as a girl!

CruCru Tue 22-Mar-16 15:31:33

I have a Henry Peter.

Also like:

Alexander
John
Michael
Paul
Robert
David
Christian

Peyia Tue 22-Mar-16 17:45:39

James does flow well but that is the only reason why we have chosen it, which makes me feel little meh about it.

Thanks for the wonderful name suggestions. Really like Jude, Arthur, Rufus and Alexander but not all of them go with our surname. It begins with P and is two syllables so I'm swayed to the middle name having one syllable but loooove Xavier - grrrr it's a tough one!

LightTurquoise Tue 22-Mar-16 20:28:27

I actually prefer Harry smile Henry is lovely too.

Go with Henry Xavier, there's nothing wrong with it, but I love the MN James biased

Harry James
Henry James

Harry George
Henry George

Harry Charles
Henry Charles

All great choices smile

Peyia Tue 22-Mar-16 21:23:12

I do like George. Our daughter (3yo) wanted a sister called George. She clearly has watched too much Peppa but the name has grown on me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now